AOTC 4th viewing!!! 2 movies in one?

King Mark

Ok,I'm addicted to it,many viewings in theater just like all of the other ones before.

This time my focus wasn't on the main characters,dialogue or the story,but mainly what was behind them and on the sides and corners of the screen,so mainly,the set decoration and what was going on there.

Man,that movie is crammed with interesting things to see in almost every fame

Wonder at the screnery of Coruscant,focus on everything except the speeders during the chase,look at the decor in the various rooms where Padme is staying.Look around the Cantina(yes,I did see Anthony Daniels cameo out of costume),Look all around the transport ship to Naboo.Check out all the various ship cockpits and instruments,Funny stuff hapening in Mos Eisley(Pit Droids working and arguing behind Watto and Anakin) and all the freak aliens,all the stuff crammed in the Lars Farm,A Naboo "cow" floating among the asteroids of Geneosis,The droid factory behind R2 and C3PO's antics,The Jedi's battling the droids behind the central action(Yes,A LOT do get killed and lie on the floor of the arena.)

Anyways,it was fun to watch from another point of view.

My opinion remains the same on the music.The only 2 notable cues missing from the c.d. is Anakin telling Padme what he did to the Tuscan Raiders and Yoda's lightsaber fight,and too bad they edited out Sidious theme out of the last cue too.

K.M.Who STILL missed those Corellian frigates on Naboo and George Lucas in the senate.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you only noticed those two missing cues after your 4th viewing? What about all the unreleased stuff at the beginning of the movie after the opening scroll? and the haunting trumpet solos while Palpatine lectures Anakin? and the mysterious music as ObiWan and Anakin take on Count Dooku? I agree that the music to the Anakin/Padme conversation was amazing, as well as the music to Yoda's fight, but weren't those other cues awesome too?

I love the "first kiss" musical moment (true genious), and the high energy orchestral run when the movie transitions from the Jedi Archives back to the freighter Anakin and Padme are having dinner on. It almost reminds of the music from the end of "Ben and Luke talk on a log" or whatever its called right before "Alliance Assembly".

-Jason

I agree that the music to the Anakin/Padme conversation was amazing, as well as the music to Yoda's fight, but weren't those other cues awesome too?

No.

K.M.

I love the "first kiss" musical moment (true genious)

You're one of few who doesn't think the musical choice when Padme pulls away wasn't funny. It was a good choice, but the reduction is too abrupt. This same style is used in romantic comedies.

Jeff -- who can't get the "Chase through Coruscant" music out of his head

I love the "first kiss" musical moment (true genious)

You're one of few who doesn't think the musical choice when Padme pulls away wasn't funny. It was a good choice, but the reduction is too abrupt. This same style is used in romantic comedies.

I agree,it's a bit like a score to a cartoon or something,it just cuts off in a odd way.

k.m.

You got me wrong - I think its downright hilarious!!!!!!

And I love it!

-Jason

:| Drowning Pool

You got me wrong - I think its downright hilarious!!!!!!

-Jason

but the scene wasn't meant to be hilarious,and now Williams is partly responsible for making it so.

k.M.

I don't think it made the scene hilarious. I think the scene is kinda funny, and i think its supposed to be. I think it was a great idea to score it the way he did. It would be fun to listen to on its own outside the movie.

-Jason

:angry:

I don't think it made the scene hilarious.  I think the scene is kinda funny, and i think its supposed to be.  I think it was a great idea to score it the way he did.  It would be fun to listen to on its own outside the movie.

-Jason

:)

the wole point of the movie was making those love scenes believable,not "kinda funny",especially not in those key moments.Of courses they failed miserably on all levels,but the music there didn't help either.One of my non soundtrack lover friends even noticed about the music cutting off abruptly.Even though I explained it was intended,he thought the music was edited or something.

K.M.