Walmart - 7' record singles for SW and ESB

jerlgrain

Stumbled upon these two 7' releases mentioned in another Star Wars video group I am in. I don't think they have been posted yet. If they have, please forgive if double posted.

Interesting! And they went to the trouble of repurposing the new posters into square/album form for some bare-bones vinyls? I wonder if these are a prelude to something bigger down the line, considering they (poorly) imitated the ST OST covers for their OT/PT OST re-releases?

Makes sense to keep those covers basic and do something a bit more lavish for expanded scores. Anyway, wishful thinking. 

I wonder if the version of Asteroid Field on this vinyl sounds as bad as the Demaster version? 

I was going to say that they are repeating the programs on the old 7" releases, but that's not the case. If memory serves, The Empire Strikes Back single couple The Imperial March with either Battle on the Snow or Yoda's Theme.

Anyway, there was a single release for Return of the Jedi, back in 1983 that included Lapti Nek.

Well, WalMart.com does not have a John Williams friendly search engine!

If you click on "John Williams" in the LP listings above (as his name is clickable), you are taken to a search of books with the first page of titles being by John James Williams the poet. On page 2, there are a few books related to John Williams, the composer.

(Actually, a few piano books that I was not aware of - here's an example: https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-John-Williams-Easy-Piano-Anthology-9781540022073/752231909. From Hal Leonard, so looks legit.)

But no music CDs or LPs.

So, I go to the music section, and I search on John Williams. Walmart.com kindly offers me results for John William (no s). And no results composed by the subject of this forum.

Searches for Hans Zimmer, David Newman, Jerry Goldsmith and Anne-Sophie Mutter all produce at least some relevant results. (But no JW + ASM "Across the Stars" interestingly.)

Appending CD or Vinyl to the John Williams search does bring up a list of his soundtracks.

Other than John Williams is a common name, it's odd their search engine is not at least lumping them all into the results. You would think that any soundtrack by Williams is selling better than a Welsh epic "Cofiant y Diweddar Barchedig." (Taking nothing away from this poem!)