Disco Stu

How do you pronounce "Adidas" (the shoe company)?

How do pronounce "Adidas" (the shoe company)?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How do pronounce "Adidas" (the shoe company)?

31 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's not good enough for you?

I wear dress shoes to work, cheapest possible no-brand low-tops for day-to-day, and actual running brands for running.  No room for Adidas!

25 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Isn't Adidas also a running brand, though?

Not exclusively, and if you look at running sites and magazines, their brand is never towards the top of a list.  They’re serviceable and for light jog/recreation theyre probably just fine.   I’ve tried and loved shoes from Brooks, ASICS, New Balance, etc. but I’ve stuck with Saucony Guides for a few years now.  

14 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

For rappers, you mean?

It’s funny, in the States it seems popular with that crowd but over in Europe alternative rock bands would wear Adidas gear. Noel Gallagher has a huge collection of vintage Adidas trainers I believe. 

14 hours ago, mstrox said:

Not exclusively, and if you look at running sites and magazines, their brand is never towards the top of a list.  They’re serviceable and for light jog/recreation theyre probably just fine.   I’ve tried and loved shoes from Brooks, ASICS, New Balance, etc. but I’ve stuck with Saucony Guides for a few years now.  

yeah, Adidas is more a casual wear brand than a running one. 

The Copa Mundial is probably the finest football boot ever produced though. 

54 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

It’s funny, in the States it seems popular with that crowd but over in Europe alternative rock bands would wear Adidas gear. Noel Gallagher has a huge collection of vintage Adidas trainers I believe. 

When I was young, I associated Adidas shoes with the kids on the soccer team at my school, who were a very particular clique of, like, sons of doctors and lawyers whose moms drove Mercedes and Lexuses.

Freddie Mercury was wearing Adidas shoes, over thirty years ago. Check out the '86 tour footage.

@mstrox, Mike, back in my running days, when I ran for pleasure (these days I couldn't run for a bus!), NB and ASICS were my shoes of choice.

You're right; if you're serious about running, avoid the "big brands", as they will harm your step, your feet, your legs, and your gait.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

When I was young, I associated Adidas shoes with the kids on the soccer team at my school, who were a very particular clique of, like, sons of doctors and lawyers whose moms drove Mercedes and Lexuses.

Yeah, in my area at least Adidas were soccer-kid shoes.