The Rise of Skywalker - Final day of recording sessions

Smaug The Iron

Especially horns, because they easily fuck up. Sorry, @hornist and @Marc!

32 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I (thankfully) have no idea what scenes the cues were for, since we had no visuals

Oh, so they were probably recording concert versions for the OST.

35 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Especially horns, because they easily fuck up. Sorry, @hornist and @Marc!

Haha, well you are absolutely RIGHT !

Especially when the whole horn section is playing in unison and one of them misses a note...there are so many cues in which this happened and it was nonetheless kept in the final mix :mrgreen:

And I've heard it countless times live, well I even heard it a few times during the LSO show last year at the Royal Albert Hall !

Yeah...the french horn is no easy instrument to play :lol:

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Haha, well you are absolutely RIGHT !

Especially when the whole horn section is playing in unison and one of them misses a note...there are so many cues in which this happened and it was nonetheless kept in the final mix :mrgreen:

And I've heard it countless times live, well I even heard it a few times during the LSO show last year at the Royal Albert Hall !

Yeah...the french horn is no easy instrument to play :lol:

Out of curiosity, do french horns more often play in unison than other brass instruments?

I'd say they do yeah !

Any time a big "epic" sound is needed you can be sure there'll be a 4 or 6-horn section playing in unison, and when it's in the high range that's when it gets risky ^^

Especially if the horn players have been playing for quite some time during a session or concert and suddenly they have to play a high part...in that case you can never be 100% sure the right note is gonna come out :P

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

I'd say they do yeah !

Any time a big "epic" sound is needed you can be sure there'll be a 4 or 6-horn section playing in unison, and when it's in the high range that's when it gets risky ^^

Interesting, I haven't given that much thought before!

2 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Here are the pics taken down from Twitter. I'm keeping a copy in case they keep getting removed.

I don't think Ricard wants them posted here.

The person who initially posted the pics online got scared Disney would come after them, so asked Doug to take down his tweet and asked Ricard if we would remove them from this thread. Ricard agreed to do so, so we can't have them here again until Dec 21. 

17 hours ago, Arpy said:

It's too late, I've already saved a copyand shared it on FB. If you don't hear from me again, the round ears have taken me to Lake Laogai...

It's all over Reddit and Facebook and it's still linked to from the FSM thread for this score.  You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

It's all over Reddit and Facebook and it's still linked to from the FSM thread for this score.  You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

"Genie, for my last wish, I wish you would go back into your bottle."

There. I solved the issue. Disney just needs to politely ask the picture if it could go away.

• 4 weeks later...