The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

Yeah it's weird the score is nowhere to be found on retail websites or even the usual streaming services like iTunes/Apple Music. There's not even a release date for international markets, so December 18 could well be the first time anyone hears the score (Australians at 12.01am Thursday). 

Didn't iTunes at least have a placeholder tracklist at this point for TLJ, with nameless tracks? Maybe they finalised the OST really late because JW wanted to include cues he recorded in the final session. 

I'm seeing it Midnight on the 19th, this will likely be the first time I will be going in cold. 

I never really take the movie in when I see it first time, I'm usually distracted by the score, listening for themes. #themejunky 

Blatantly gonna listen to the The Last JW SW Score on it's own before seeing the film. His musical storytelling is unsurpassed and it's such a purely musical journey that it can only be listened to before the film, and never unheard after associated with the images. Accordingly, my cinema tickets will be booked later than the immediate rush to the release showings.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, aj_vader said:

I never really take the movie in when I see it first time, I'm usually distracted by the score, listening for themes. #themejunky 

It's the opposite for me, I'm usually so engrossed in the movie that I can't take much of the music in on first viewing.

On 12/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, crumbs said:

Maybe they finalised the OST really late because JW wanted to include cues he recorded in the final session. 

Perhaps they have their hands full finalising the regular release and the 2 CD Deluxe Edition TM

21 minutes ago, Miz said:

Blatantly gonna listen to the The Last JW SW Score on it's own before seeing the film. His musical storytelling is unsurpassed and it's such a purely musical journey that it can only be listened to before the film, and never unheard after associated with the images. Accordingly, my cinema tickets will be booked later than the immediate rush to the release showings.

Well, here it is!

19 minutes ago, thx99 said:

Okay, here you go!!

NEW SCORE AVAILABLE

Walt Disney

51 minutes ago, crumbs said:

TFA 75 minutes

TLJ 66 minutes

TROS 53 minutes

Keep in mind that the TROS one doesn't have the credits cue. That takes roughly <10 minutes off the runtime. That makes it almost the same as TLJ.

Just checking, as someone who also pre-ordered the TLJ OST but then it didn't arrive until a week and a half after the release date—is this what everyone's Amazon order currently looks like? I mean as far as the "delivery estimate" bit goes. I really need this to arrive on the release date, this time around; I'm flying on the 21st.

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.02.00 PM.png

5 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Just checking, as someone who also pre-ordered the TLJ OST but then it didn't arrive until a week and a half after the release date—is this what everyone's Amazon order currently looks like? I mean as far as the "delivery estimate" bit goes. I really need this to arrive on the release date, this time around; I'm flying on the 21st.

Yep, mine looks exactly the same.

29 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

It's weird that we still don't have a real cover art image.

We all know that it's going to be that boring one used for the other movies in the sequel trilogy, with just the Star Wars logo in blue.

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Wonder if we'll get some kind of bonus disc a la ROTS covering all the saga themes?

Star Wars: A Musical Journey Redux

It better be WITHOUT dialogue and SFX!

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I only listened to half the FYC album, but it sounded almost like samples of each track.

Hopefully when they put it up again they will have revisited it in this regard. Perhaps Williams' people got wind of it and got Disney on the horn, lest the Master be displeased.

14 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Lovely quotes. Judging by what JJ said, there's quite a handful of new themes? Unless he's just confusing themes with cues...?

And since when did JW contribute to the liner notes? Very cool detail. 

The original Star Wars?

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Phew, glad the cover art is consistent. I'm still annoyed by the change in spine design for ROTS after the first two prequels. 

Yeah what was with that shit? Sony must have hired a new art direction team sometime between 2002 and 2005, because a lot of Sony CD releases all conformed to a unified house style round about 2004 that I noticed with Spider-Man 2, then the same spine font showed up in The Legend of Zorro in 2005.

There's Sanity still around, but I guess the future is Amazon. The problem with Amazon AU though is the fact that most CDs have to be imported or sold through international retailers. I guess there's an Australian CD plant somewhere, or there used to be...

38 minutes ago, That_Bloke said:

There's also Fishpond.com.au over here - the local competitor to Amazon

I used to use Fishpond, but it's not what it used to be. I remember using it just fine about a year ago but family and friends who've used it have had problems galore with them which is strange.

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

I used to use Fishpond, but it's not what it used to be. I remember using it just fine about a year ago but family and friends who've used it have had problems galore with them which is strange.

There's always a bigger fish.