The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Shazam has no result for that one.

Didn't think it would, but hell, worth a shot, while we're Shazam'ing things.

The files are up somewhere on this here internet. Patience is a virtue but I'm feeling very not-virtuous at the moment.

1 hour ago, AzOutcast said:

I initially got a hit for 'Join Me' around the 30-second mark but haven't been able to replicate it. Oddly enough I get a hit for 'Farewell' if I start at the 42-second mark. As previously stated, Shazam may not have the most up-to-date info.

Brilliant, thanks

You just change the track ID (here 504901494) to the next one (504901495) and see if it exists.

A guy on the reddit thread listed all those: 

So there seems to be 18 tracks on the OST!

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Other track names:

- Destiny Of A Jedi

- The Rise of Skywalker

- "Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker" Album Finale

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Fact: I incremented the track ID on this URL to find these titles: https://www.shazam.com/fr/track/504901475/the-rise-of-skywalker

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Other ones:

- They Will Come

- Anthem Of Evil

Here for example: https://www.shazam.com/fr/track/504901494/anthem-of-evil

Just now, Chewy said:

You just change the track ID (here 504901494) to the next one (504901495) and see if it exists.

A guy on the reddit thread listed all those: 

So there seems to be 18 tracks on the OST!

Wow. Amazing. 

it seems weird to me that "The Rise of Skywalker" Album Finale comes up - that's got to be a placeholder, right? Or maybe it's just that the title is simply "Finale" and that's how Shazam differentiates from other songs titled "Finale?"

Just now, Larry O said:

it seems weird to me that "The Rise of Skywalker" Album Finale comes up - that's got to be a placeholder, right? Or maybe it's just that the title is simply "Finale" and that's how Shazam differentiates from other songs titled "Finale?"

That'd make sense, since TLJ's was also called Finale.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

The inclusion of that video with trailer music has me suspicious about the ones Chewy found.

None of them link to video with the actual music, even the ones that Shazam found for us.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

None of them link to video with the actual music, even the ones that Shazam found for us.

Ah I don’t really know how Shazam works.  So all the other ones also included random semi related YouTube videos?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

So we just have no way to know what order they go in? 

Most likely. And since it's a JW album, tracks could be out of chronological order anyway even though the FYC confirms the real order.

Incidentally, I'm not surprised at all to see a track called "Album Finale", because of something I speculated in the FYC thread:

On 12/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, Jay said:

The end credits not appearing here at all make me think the actual end credits in the film will be entirely old arrangements re-recorded; Here's hoping before that decision was made, he wrote and recorded a new unique end credits arrangement and we'll get that on the OST

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

So we just have no way to know what order they go in? 

Well, Prologue and Album Finale should be easy.

Would be great if Williams wrote an arrangement or new piece to conclude his saga, just for the album. 

"Destiny of a Jedi" is just as likely to be a concert arrangement as "The Rise of Skywalker" I suppose.

Both would make for silly dialogue to say outloud but work as concert arrangements.  I guess.