The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

so what's the chance dual of the fates and battle of the heroes are in the film and or in the album. my vote is duel of the fates is in the movie but not in the soundtrack similarly to ROTS

Hm. This is interesting.

Online international stores have been getting soundtrack albums about two days in advance in the last year or so, so I expect we'll have the full album to listen to before the 17th. However, since the tracklist is nowhere to be found other than on Shazam, things could be completely different...

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

"Destiny of a Jedi" is just as likely to be a concert arrangement as "The Rise of Skywalker" I suppose.

Both would make for silly dialogue to say outloud but work as concert arrangements.  I guess.

Luke says "confronting fear is the destiny of a jedI" in the trailer so it could be music for that scene, or it could be another "Rebellion is Reborn" situation where JW just uses a quote as a title for an arrangement.

12 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

“Anthem of Evil” seems so overtly silly sounding.  Then again I remember people thinking “Chrome Dome” could be a sign that TLJ’s tracklist was fake when it leaked two years ago. 

And “That Girl with the Staff” from TFA.

13 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Then why isn't it on the FYC?

Gotta give the other oscar contenders a fair chance.

As far as the supposed Anthem Of Evil theme not being on the FYC, listen to "Join Me" starting at 0:57 and starting at 1:27. I could easily see that being a version of a JW march.

Also, first half of Off The Waterfront.

9 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Then why isn't it on the FYC?

Maybe Duel of the Fates comes in for five seconds right in the middle of it.

Who knows? I don't have any idea--I was mostly hoping. However, that march still does sound like Williams, so there's no way to know why it would be left off the FYC if it's new material.

How come the YouTube videos of the FYC don't identify any of the track names? I saw one named "Track __" and that was it.

Could Anthem of Evil be the fabled First Order March, or a concert version of Kylo Ren's theme? Or is if just a name given to one of the tracks with the Emperor's theme?

While I would love Anthem of Evil to the march, the absence of that theme from the FYC dampens my hope on that.  My bet is that it is a concert piece, but it features the new little rising motif, the emperor's theme, and maybe some other dark theme worked together.  

I haven’t heard “Battle of the Resistance” on the FYC but 2 minutes seems very short for a battle cue. What are the chances it’s longer on the OST? Does it appear to have a clear beginning and end on the FYC?

12 minutes ago, Balahkay said:

I haven’t heard “Battle of the Resistance” on the FYC but 2 minutes seems very short for a battle tcue. What are the chances it’s longer on the OST? Does it appear to have a clear beginning and end on the FYC?

No, and in fact it seems like several of the FYC tracks are cutoff prematurely. So get excited!

13 minutes ago, Drew said:

Maybe he made it into a Suite for the album like he did with Scherzo for X-Wings.

You may have a point there. The FYC version was heavily edited, had inserts, and much shorter than the OST version.

First things I want to know

1)Total time of c.d.

2)Concert version  of Rescue/ Farewell ?

3-How much music on FYC not on the OST (the more the better)

4-How much music on the OST is repeated cues/reprises

Shit, my retail chain over here says there are stock/distribution issues meaning I have to wait another week to get it. Going to cancel the order and see if I can get it elsewhere sooner...

11 minutes ago, King Mark said:

First things I want to know

1)Total time of c.d.

2)Concert version  of Rescue/ Farewell ?

3-How much music on FYC not on the OST (the more the better)

4-How much music on the OST is repeated cues/reprises

Agreed. Although judging by the Shazam the track names on the OST mostly are the same as those on the FYC, so I guess we have to hope the OST tracks are just more extended or otherwise different than the FYC... 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

A bunch more tracks from that same album (such as "I've Been Arrested For Weed", "Fat Blunts", "No One Has Ever Died From Marijuana", and "The Benefits Of Weed")

These are the concert arrangements we're looking for.

Wow, I just can’t keep my sh*t together anymore! I wanna get my hands on that album. As far as the track listing goes, there are a few tracks that could be very promising in terms of concert arrangement or brilliant use of already existing themes. The album will surely provide a better listening experience than FYC, similar to the TLJ album. 

”Rise of Skywalker” is most likely the new concert piece of the theme that’s represented at the end of ”Farewell”.

“Anthem of Evil” sounds hilarious by the way 😁 I don’t think any character would say that as a quote in the movie. Although the movie trailers have shown huge militaristic scenes with hundreds of star destroyers flying and that scene would be sick with a brand new march, I don’t believe it’s a new theme, more like an amalgamation of Kylo Ren & emperor motifs, mixed with some underscore. The previous movies of the sequels kinda have strangely shown that somehow the directors insisted on not having a proper bad guy theme. Let’s hope this album changes that because up to episode 7, every Star Wars movie had a well written bad guy theme, sometimes a collection of themes and it kinda makes you wonder why it hasn’t been the same for the sequel trilogy. Maybe it’s just Disney things 

On 16/12/2019 at 2:24 AM, mrbellamy said:

Needs to be said, Cortex, you have been reliably filling an important hole in this forum with shit like this especially after Bloodboal left and we all thank you for it.

I definitely appreciate the sentiment, Bellamy. That's very kind of you to say.