The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

I'm sure the $13.95 price on Amazon US will change before release day.

On release day, Amazons price for TFA OST was $12.99, and The Last Jedi was $10.19

OK. I only ask because back when I pre-ordered the TLJ soundtrack (albeit not the day the pre-order was announced—but still a week or two before the release date, and I had Prime), Amazon later revised the delivery date to be later and later until eventually it said that it wouldn't be coming till a week or two after release date... I contacted Amazon and canceled the order due to that ridiculousness; took a trip to Barnes & Noble on release day and picked up a copy in person, IIRC. I am flying out of the country for two weeks on the 21st, so I would really like Amazon to deliver on-time, this time around...

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

My copy of TFA arrived on Thursday, day before the release. :lol: However, TLJ wasn't even ready for shipping on the day of its release so I cancelled it and bought it from HMV on the day.

Karol

I did the same with TLJ and bought it in-store over here. 

So no Deluxe Edition?

8 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Finally! Not sure how I feel about that cover art though...

cover art 7.png

Agree, but maybe..

1. this is a dummy cover used only for promo purposes,

2. the blue didn't work with the original black cover per Eps 7 and 8, and Disney wanted to stick with the blue

3. it reflects some massive shift that happens in the movie

4. Disney is just messing with us

i thought since it was his last SW score we finally had a shot at a 2 c.d. deluxe edition... I guess we never get a break

Same ol routine of waiting for the FYC ,videogame files,Blu Ray menus ... I'm sure the isolated score was a one time thing with TLJ so I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

I'm sure Disney have statistics about how many people have viewed the music only track for TLJ. If it's popular enough they might port it over for TROS, you never know. Especially if they want to incentivise Disney+ with features the home video version lacks. 

That said, it could hurt sales of complete score releases in the future, so they could be mindful of withholding the score for that purpose (not that it hurt with TLJ, lucky we had RJ campaigning for that idea). 

2 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we get a Doug Adams-esque encyclopaedia of his Star Wars music released in tandem with the complete recordings. That’d be a long way away though.

I think @Falstaft is the best qualified for that.

I wonder if this will release a day early in Australia considering the film is out on the 19th here? Should be up on Apple Music at midnight either way. 

I think the only thing I'll be checking is whether the Main Title is a new recording for TROS. Finding that out in the cinema for TLJ was a bit distracting, so I'd rather know in advance this time. 

11 hours ago, Arpy said:

The 'official soundtrack' part looks the least bit official, like the awful covers I used to make in MS Word back in the day! :D

Hah, yeah I was thinking that of all the elements on that (clearly temporary) cover, the words 'official soundtrack' are what ironically give it the least credence.

In fact, seeing those words would instill fear in me, because 'official' releases usually prioritise what the masses want (i.e songs and remixes).

5 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

I'm going to listen to it on YouTube on my phone without headphones

In that case, be prepared for the JWfan mob telling you you can't judge the score without listening to it in ultra surround quality with 8 speakers around you. 

20 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

In that case, be prepared for the JWfan mob telling you you can't judge the score without listening to it in ultra surround quality with 8 speakers around you. 

Let em try

I’m also gonna put it at 25% volume, don’t wanna disturb the neighbors

14 hours ago, King Mark said:

i thought since it was his last SW score we finally had a shot at a 2 c.d. deluxe edition... I guess we never get a break

Same ol routine of waiting for the FYC ,videogame files,Blu Ray menus ... I'm sure the isolated score was a one time thing with TLJ so I'm not getting my hopes up for that.

But don't you prefer this consistency to the total mess that e.g. Marvel did with long and short albums? At least now we'll have one official disc per score until something better arrives, end of story, no extended tracks, digital bonus content etc.

4 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

At least Marvel recording sessions usually leak.

Where? I can never find these things. I feel like some boomer who can't use the internet properly.

4 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

At least Marvel recording sessions usually leak.

the OSTs aren’t worth listening to never mind the recording sessions!

33 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

the OSTs aren’t worth listening to never mind the recording sessions!

I'm not a fan of them either, but at least they exist for the people that want them.

37 minutes ago, Thekthithm said:

Where? I can never find these things. I feel like some boomer who can't use the internet properly.

There's a bunch of places. There's the site that can't be named here, the other site that can't be named here, and there's a list that gets passed around in the PM chain that probably can't be named here either. I can add you to the PM chain if you want, since pretty much everyone here has access to it at this point.

Sorry, but the Monsanto dig is the funniest part of that whole thing. It would not surprise me one day to see the most evil corporation on God’s green earth (Monsanto) cozy up with the runner-up (the mouse house) in some ridiculous way. 

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

I love that parody tracklist for TFA.

The Falcon Blows Up, best track title ever. 

It's probably a title Williams would've written for the cue. 6m12 The Falcone Blows Up