The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

16 hours ago, King Mark said:

:drool:
OMG 2 COLLECTIBLE CARDS!!!!!!:flameblob::joy::w00t:

I had this exact thought but would never have executed it so well.

13 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

Yeah what was with that shit? Sony must have hired a new art direction team sometime between 2002 and 2005, because a lot of Sony CD releases all conformed to a unified house style round about 2004 that I noticed with Spider-Man 2, then the same spine font showed up in The Legend of Zorro in 2005.

They probably got a font discount.

No but it could happen at any time now.

For TFA, we got the titles 22 days before release; For TLJ, 9 days before release.

Today is 8 days before the TROS physical release, and 6 days before the digital release.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:58 PM, Jay said:

So to summarize:

TFA in 2015: OST released Friday, December 18th.  OST preorders began Friday September 4th (3 1/2 months early), track list revealed Thursday November 26th (22 days early), audio leaked Tuesday December 15th (3 days early).

TLJ in 2017: OST released Friday, December 15th.  OST preorders began Friday September 1st (3 1/2 months early), track list revealed Wednesday December 6th (9 days early), audio leaked Monday December 11th (4 days early)

TROS in 2019: OST slotted to be released Friday, December 20th.  OST preorders began Friday November 22nd (1 month early), track list yet to be revealed.  As of now we are 16 days from release date.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Disney didn't officially tell us the TLJ track titles before release at all.  We only learned them because someone who worked at Target was nice enough to open a copy early.

Well, the limited information on shipping on Amazon, whereas last time I’m pretty sure it had a shipping date listed by now, plus the lack of cover art until yesterday plus the lack of any type of leaks of track titles makes me think maybe the album was assembled later in the process than the preceding two films. I don’t know - did Williams do sessions as late on the last two films as he did this time?  I didn’t say I knew for sure, just a suspicion. 

The recording sessions went later into the year for TROS than they did for TLJ and TFA, for sure.

I'm not sure I understand the Amazon part of your post.  They deliver new CDs on release date.  It'll be in your mailbox on Friday the 20th.

As for titles, again Disney never announced the TLJ titles either.

As for leaks, people can't open up a copy at Target if Target hasn't received them yet to be opened.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, Tydirium said:

Just checking, as someone who also pre-ordered the TLJ OST but then it didn't arrive until a week and a half after the release date—is this what everyone's Amazon order currently looks like? I mean as far as the "delivery estimate" bit goes. I really need this to arrive on the release date, this time around; I'm flying on the 21st.

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.02.00 PM.png

Anyway, why is mine a dollar more than yours!

image.png

Actually, mine still says delivery date pending despite being ordered as soon as the pre order went up on Amazon. Hmmmmmm.

The fact that the preorder didn’t go up till later is also what I was thinking of.

"This experience has been one of the highlights of my professional life, bringing me so much joy in working with some of the world's greatest orchestras and musicians. I stand before the now completed nine Star Wars films with pride and gratitude for the gift of this extraordinary journey." 

OK, I'm ready anytime to see a picture of John Williams standing next to a shelf with his 9 bound scores lined up. Or maybe he should wait and bookend them with Oscars...

Let's avoid discussing anything about the FYC including track titles in this thread for now, so people who are avoiding that can still safely read this thread

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Let's avoid discussing anything about the FYC including track titles in this thread for now, so people who are avoiding that can still safely read this thread

Sorry--I forgot what thread I was even in. 

4 hours ago, King Mark said:

I only have one certain prediction about the OST:

The best rendition of the new Farewell Theme will be unreleased or microedited out.

And the Finale will be fucked up like RotS missing Padme's Funeral and other music and HPSS missing Griffindor Wins

Our paragon of joviality! Don't ever change.

1 hour ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Do you see Mattris? ----------------------------------------------------------------------> YES ----> Star Wars Disenchantment Thread

Do you see Chen G.? --------------------------------------------------------------------> YES ----> Rise of Skywalker Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

Do you see Thekthithm? -----------------------------------------------------------------> YES -----> Other Topics (what are you doing there?)

Do you see publicist complaining? ----------------------------------------------------> YES -----> 2020 Oscars Thread

Do you see Stefancos threatening everyone with atomic spoilers?------------> YES -----> I booked my ticket for Star Wars:TROS

Do you see weirdos going off-top about other scores? ---------------------------> YES -----> What is the last score you listened to?

Do you see a poll?---------------------------------------------------------------------------> YES -----> Is Jay everywhere? ----> YES ----> Returning Themes in The Rise of Skywalker score

------> Am I everywhere? -----> YES -----> Your First Impression of TROS

Can you talk about film spoilers?--------------------------------------------------------> YES -----> Rise of Skywalker Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

Is your screen freezing from the number of new posts?---------------------------> YES -----> The Rise of Skywalker - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album Discussion

I'm starting to like this guy. 

23 hours ago, Arpy said:

I used to use Fishpond, but it's not what it used to be. I remember using it just fine about a year ago but family and friends who've used it have had problems galore with them which is strange.

I still use it a lot, but only to buy books and CDs. Never had a problem, but that doesn't mean to say there aren't problems. Maybe it could depend on from where the stock comes or the type of item being bought

29 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

How come Japan gets nice swanky slipcovers and the rest of us don't :(

Indeed that's a very interesting question! Why, now? 

It's not even like some other countries, like the UK, Germany, or France, have their own versions. It's always (or most times) one cover for Japan, and another one for the rest of the world... 

They should make the Japanese cover the international version! 

On 13/12/2019 at 8:20 AM, Ricard said:

Excerpt from the Japanese page where the images were originally posted (Google translate 😁):

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2150920/amp/

As a matter of fact, I do know a bit of Japanese - I studied the language for a few years in university (I've also been to Tokyo). This section says, as far as I can tell,

"This album contains the highlights of the score that gives the ending of the magnificent saga its vitality (or "colour"). When I interviewed JJ Abrams who came to Japan for the promotion (interview took place on the 11th), he was raving: "While there are new themes, John Williams is being his usual old self, and then some." 

It's so good you said it twice!!

On 13/12/2019 at 8:52 AM, Josh500 said:

As a matter of fact, I do know a bit of Japanese - I studied the language for a few years in university (I've also been to Tokyo).

This section says, as far as I can tell,

"This album contains the highlights of the score that gives the ending of the magnificent saga its vitality (or" colour") . When I interviewed JJ Abrams who came to Japan for the promotion (interview took place on the 11th), he was raving: "While there are new themes, John Williams is  being his usual old self, and then some." 

As a matter of fact, I do know a bit of Japanese - I studied the language for a few years in university (I've also been to Tokyo).

This section says, as far as I can tell,

"This album contains the highlights of the score that gives the ending of the magnificent saga its vitality (or" colour") . When I interviewed JJ Abrams who came to Japan for the promotion (interview took place on the 11th), he was raving: "While there are new themes, John Williams is  being his usual old self, and then some." 

"John Williams is a wonderful work beyond John Williams."

I couldn't agree more!

:D

On 13/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, Josh500 said:

It's not even like some other countries, like the UK, Germany, or France, have their own versions. It's always (or most times) one cover for Japan, and another one for the rest of the world... 

They should make the Japanese cover the international version! 

Agreed.

TLJ also got a slipcover in Japan, but did TFA?

11 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Agreed.

TLJ also got a slipcover in Japan, but did TFA?

This was the Japan exclusive cover for TFA! 

51Gh296z5OL.jpg

And while we're at it, the Japan exclusive cover for TLJ! 

sw-20171216-02.jpg

31 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

This was the Japan exclusive cover for TFA! 

51Gh296z5OL.jpg

But it doesn't matchey-match :(

I have that one, but the Target version not the JP.