The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

1 hour ago, Ricard said:

Wow, why would you think that I was implying that?

What were you implying then? That if one guy has it, someone else, who would break the law and post it online, also has it? I think I'm missing something. 

I think Ricard was merely implying that if one guy seems to have obtained the soundtrack by now, others also might have it and could share some information about it (track titles, CD length, etc.).

That's how I read it. 

Yea but that one guy was invited to Lucasfilm's offices to get that one copy, from what the picture posted said. That's a pretty unusual circumstance and not really anything that would indicate it's also floating around anywhere else. It doesn't seem to be for sale at Epcot early, like with TLJ, for example. For all we know, the pressing plant could have just finished the first batch hours before that dude visited Lucasfilm. Who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea but that one guy was invited to Lucasfilm's offices to get that one copy, from what the picture posted said. That's a pretty unusual circumstance and not really anything that would indicate it's also floating around anywhere else. It doesn't seem to be for sale at Epcot early, like with TLJ, for example. For all we know, the pressing plant could have just finished the first batch hours before that dude visited Lucasfilm. Who knows. 

Yeah exactly: who knows? I just reasoned: if the soundtrack is at Lucasfilm' offices, it could be in other places as well and might end up in the hands of someone who is willing the post the track titles online. The thought is not that absurd. It will happen one of these days anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

That dude is a Soundtrack reviewer for the IFMCA, so it is possible that review copies are starting to be given out.

I remember back in 2015 for TFA (and maybe also 2017 for TLJ?) Charlie Brigden was still running Films on Wax, and would legally get digital promos all the time to get reviews up of new film score albums by release date... And Disney let them know they wouldn't be giving anyone the TFA OST early.

IIRC Erik Woods wasn't able to get it early either.

My memory is that everyone, including official reviewers, never said anything about it until after it had leaked. 

So where are you getting your CD? I'm not sure whether I'll be able to find it in stores on Friday, or if I should just buy it online and hope it arrives by then.

2 hours ago, fommes said:

So where are you getting your CD? I'm not sure whether I'll be able to find it in stores on Friday, or if I should just buy it online and hope it arrives by then.

It should be in all stores on Friday

My brain is always on critical overdrive with my first OST listening anyway (“ooh what’s that, sounds cool! Aw Binary Sunset again? Jar Jar’s Theme???” etc) so I’m okay with it, it’s just now adding “old” ROS music into the mix. It’s not really until later that I can fully just sit back and take the musical journey.

But it's annoying that they've tried to keep the soundtracks so under wraps. It's the 21st century, put it online or clearly someone else will!

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

I kind of don't like that the FYC dropped first, because, now when I first listen to the new STAR WARS EPISODE 9 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM, my brain won't simply be taking a ride on what John Williams wanted me to hear for 75 minutes to sum up the score.  Instead, my brain will keep going "oh, that was on the FYC" or "Oh wow, this music wasn't on the FYC at all, and it's great!" or "Wow, this concert arrangement makes that theme from the FYC make so much more sense now", or whatever else.  Oh well.

I actually agree with this. I just want the OST to have a good presentation. That's the foundation on which we "build" the rest of the score. Usually the movie hits and then we start to figure out what was left off, and the FYC comes along and helps to fill in some of the gaps (sidenote: might be interesting to guess which FYC tracks will be on the OST and in what capacity). In that regard, I'm cool with the FYC having those short tracks and moments of underscore. Now I'm left a little worried about how the OST will turn out. Suffice it to say that while I'm happy with the FYC, I hope there's a lot on the OST that was left off of it.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Know said:

What is also incredible is that we are getting the final score by John Williams for the Star Wars saga at the same time as three of his earliest blockbuster scores are finally being released in virtually definitive editions.  Great time to be a fan.

What's this of virtually definitive editions? pardon my ignorance but i have been out of the loop for quite some time

18 minutes ago, Dr. Know said:

What is also incredible is that we are getting the final score by John Williams for the Star Wars saga at the same time as three of his earliest blockbuster scores are finally being released in virtually definitive editions.  Great time to be a fan.

3 minutes ago, JacksonElmore said:

What's this of virtually definitive editions? pardon my ignorance but i have been out of the loop for quite some time

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30818-john-williams-disaster-movie-soundtrack-collection-poseidon-adventure-towering-inferno-earthquake-4cd-box-set-from-la-la-land-records-now-available/

I'm not sure why he says "virtually" definitive though; What's missing?

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

I’m always leery of saying “definitive” because of the possibility that an even more definitive release will appear later, but in this instance, I guess “definitive” is as safe a term as it can be.

I just remembered that Earthquake's source music isn't included, so that's what's missing for that.

For TTI and Poseidon, there doesn't seem to be anything that could turn up that isn't here.

I keep checking the countdown clock every few minutes. It's crazy.

7 minutes ago, Remco said:

So this is REALLY weird. My dad and me were toying around with this Shazam app and so I played the Kylo Ren theme from ‘Prologue’, trying to fool the thing because that music hasn’t been officially released yet but it contains an existing theme. 

And then it said THIS:

image.jpeg

😳😳😳

Great find!

Could someone try the other tracks? I’m willing to bet this’ll only find stuff from the OST, so we might be able to discover roughly what’ll be on the OST, what’ll not be, etc

1 minute ago, Gistech said:

Seeing Sights is apparently "The Force Is With You".

Other than this I didn’t find any different track titles than the ones on the FYC. It didn’t recognize anything from Falcon Flight and Parents which is kind of weird.

3 minutes ago, Remco said:

Other than this I didn’t find any different track titles than the ones on the FYC. It didn’t recognize anything from Falcon Flight and Parents which is kind of weird.

That’s really, really strange...