The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

Just now, Alex said:

“Fanfare and Prologue” instead of “Main Title and...” *eye twitches*

Maybe JW finally wrote a new Lucasfilm fanfare, which is followed by a scene that takes place before the opening crawl :devil:

You're allowed to link to reddit from JWFan

People should just be aware if they open that link up though, that it's in a subreddit that talks about the entire leaked plot of the film openly

Just now, Jay said:

You're allowed to link to reddit from JWFan

People should just be aware if they open that link up though, that it's in a subreddit that talks about the entire leaked plot of the film without warning

Given where the link leads I wasn't sure if I was allowed to given the reason you stated.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

And after Disney accidentally released the FYC TEN DAYS EARLY

It wasn't accidentally released, though.  It was made available to academy voters before the voting deadline.  It was just simply a public website that if you knew the URL, anyone could open

Just now, Jay said:

It wasn't accidentally released, though.  It was made available to academy voters before their deadline.  It was just simply a public website that if you knew the URL, anyone could open

Well, the tracklist being retained in the metadata was probably a mistake though.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

It wasn't accidentally released, though.  It was made available to academy voters before their deadline.  It was just simply a public website that if you knew the URL, anyone could open

Right, it was accidentally discovered, not accidentally released ;)

I'm surprised none of the youtube bits reveal the name of the concert arrangement they are clearly playing.  Oh well

Actually, this doesn't prove that the OST is missing any FYC material.  Only that some of the FYC doesn't match in Shazam's database.  This could be do to different editing or mastering, or that they haven't actually uploaded the entire album in their DB yet.

When you Shazam the TFA and TLJ Main Title, it gives you "Main Title and Escape". No confirmation that the Main Title will be on TROS OST.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm surprised none of the youtube bits reveal the name of the concert arrangement they are clearly playing.  Oh well

Do we know it's a concert arrangement for sure, besides just that it sounds like one? I guess the fact that he's not wearing headphones is a clue.

Just now, Drew said:

When you Shazam the TFA and TLJ Main Title, it gives you "Main Title and Escape". No confirmation that the Main Title will be on TROS OST.

Alternatively he could have re-recorded the main title (and used the re-recording this time).

2 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Alternatively he could have re-recorded the main title (and used the re-recording this time).

Or they have just thrown the Force Awakens version of the main title into The Rise of Skywalker OST like they did with the Last Jedi, however the Last Jedi had it's own recording, so annoying it's not on the Last Jedi OST. 

Are there Shazam alternatives that let you narrow your search by release dates?

I also tried the End Title recordings, but each one Shazam'd to its original and nothing from TROS.

Another idea, try asking Alexa to play TROS tracks.

37 minutes ago, Drew said:

No result for "Hard to Get Rid Of"

I initially got a hit for 'Join Me' around the 30-second mark but haven't been able to replicate it. Oddly enough I get a hit for 'Farewell' if I start at the 42-second mark. As previously stated, Shazam may not have the most up-to-date info.

6 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

Or they have just thrown the Force Awakens version of the main title into The Rise of Skywalker OST like they did with the Last Jedi, however the Last Jedi had it's own recording, so annoying it's not on the Last Jedi OST. 

That's of course possible, but the Shazam comes up with nothing on that front bar TLJ (which is odd because surely it should also point to TFA's).

1 minute ago, Gistech said:

That's of course possible, but the Shazam comes up with nothing on that front bar TLJ (which is odd because surely it should also point to TFA's).

Did you try the film version of the last jedi?

2 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

I tried the Anthony Daniels snippets, and got a message about how I shouldn't talk over music :lol:

Should have gotten a message "Please wait 3 more days you sneaky bastard" 

3 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

I tried the Anthony Daniels snippets, and got a message about how I shouldn't talk over music

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania to tell us these things gif han solo

Please tell me it was played back to you in C-3PO's voice :lol:

Just now, Chewy said:

Other track names:

- Destiny Of A Jedi

- "Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker" Album Finale

Is this speculation or fact?