The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

New page, here's my countdown again until the OST is legally for sale digitally in New Zealand and Australia, 23 1/2 hours from now

And here's the track titles per Shazam

13 hours ago, Jay said:

New page, here's the OST tracks for anyone just joining us, in alphabetical order because we don't know the order

1. A New Home
  2. Anthem of Evil
  3. Approaching the Throne
  4. Battle of the Resistance
  5. Destiny of A Jedi
  6. Fanfare and Prologue
  7. Farewell
  8. Fleeing from Kijimi
  9. Join Me
  10. Journey to Exegol
  11. Reunion
  12. Speeder Chase
  13. Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Album Finale
  14. The Final Saber Duel
  15. The Force is With You
  16. The Old Death Star
  17. The Rise of Skywalker
  18. They Will Come
  19. We Go Together

And here's my google doc attempting to line up with the FYC

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VWApmUMfiSF9gvXb3LW9QloZO-St-ITFMF-qYaNN0fw/edit?usp=sharing

On 11/24/2019 at 2:48 AM, That_Bloke said:

Agree, but maybe..

1. this is a dummy cover used only for promo purposes,

2. the blue didn't work with the original black cover per Eps 7 and 8, and Disney wanted to stick with the blue

3. it reflects some massive shift that happens in the movie

4. Disney is just messing with us

My guess/hope is #3

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

From my experience, new digital albums don't show up on AU or NZ iTunes until midnight Sydney time, which is 8am Eastern tomorrow morning.

Ah!  I didn't realize this.  So NZ is tied to the Australian release times even though they're two hours ahead of Sydney.

I have a VPN that I can set for New Zealand but it doesn't always allow me to hear new albums, and I'm not sure why that is. Sometimes I can play them on Youtube.

Yea I'm not sure when Disney Records will put the album up on their youtube page, probably when someone in California starts taking care of it Wednesday morning California time I suppose

https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyMusicVEVO/videos

Probably also worth refreshing to see if they put it up early by mistake

1 minute ago, mrbellamy said:

Do you have a park pass, @AzOutcast? Like I’m assuming there can’t be a way to just waltz in there for free lol.

I just tell the folks at the front gate I'm there for the new John Williams album. They understand.

...yeah, I'm a passholder. And I work at the "other" park.

Anthem of Evil sounds like a PC RPG game about space exploration, aliens and stuff (like Warframe).

Destiny of a Jedi is a cool name!

Also, someone PLEASE tell me the actual title for the final track is not "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" Album Finale. Besides being a ridiculous title (only Finale would be already decent), this implies that Williams wrote an End Credits suite that was not used on the movie by Abrams, instead only appearing on the album, while the film uses just... what? Tracking from other movies? *shudders* 

Like I speculated last week:

On 12/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, Jay said:

The end credits not appearing here at all make me think the actual end credits in the film will be entirely old arrangements re-recorded; Here's hoping before that decision was made, he wrote and recorded a new unique end credits arrangement and we'll get that on the OST

3 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Anthem of Evil sounds like a PC RPG game about space exploration, aliens and stuff (like Warframe).

Destiny of a Jedi is a cool name!

Also, someone PLEASE tell me the actual title for the final track is not "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" Album Finale. Besides being a ridiculous title (only Finale would be already decent), this implies that Williams wrote an End Credits suite that was not used on the movie by Abrams, instead only appearing on the album, while the film uses just... what? Tracking from other movies? *shudders* 

Rebel fanfare, extended throne room, closing fanfare.  Williams out.  

Maybe the end credits piece will be a rock power ballad by one of those modern bands like Imagine Dragons or something, about the Rey and Kylo forbbiden love story. The title will be something like "Love You Through the Stars".

Almost every super hero movie on the early 2000s and even The Avengers did this, so why not SW? "We need to attract the young demographic"

In all serious, I expect a medley a la TFA, with a few classic themes thrown in for good measure.  If Williams is really infatuated with the new arrangement of Han Solo and the Princess, it could be largely that as well, though I doubt it.  

Maybe Legalize Weed By 2020 is the End Credits track! The movie will end with an appeal from JJ Abrams, the producers and castmembers for the legalization of the marijuana on the US.

"Only a Sith would insist on the war on drugs."

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

In all serious, I expect a medley a la TFA, with a few classic themes thrown in for good measure.  If Williams is really infatuated with the new arrangement of Han Solo and the Princess, it could be largely that as well, though I doubt it.  

Have we heard that yet?

9 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

That's a nice recording. Very clean and the performance flows well. The strings really carry the piece.

I think you got the wrong thread. Did you mean to post this in the Han Solo & The Princess thread?

Avoiding cue titles for sake of spoilers but then glimpse "We Go Together"...

... cannot get the song from Grease out of my head.

Wonders if final scene in SW9 will be cast singalong and big production number in theme park as Kylo and Rey (now dressed as Olivia Newton John) soar above the gang in their space ship and go off into the clouds