The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

31 minutes ago, That_Bloke said:

Avoiding cue titles for sake of spoilers but then glimpse "We Go Together"...

... cannot get the song from Grease out of my head.

Wonders if final scene in SW9 will be cast singalong and big production number in theme park as Kylo and Rey (now dressed as Olivia Newton John) soar above the gang in their space ship and go off into the clouds 

And I have an image pop into my head: Rey showing up and greeting Kylo with, “Tell me about it, stud.”

Yep, it’s silly season at JWFan.

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Album Finale [What JW wrote for the end credits, that JJ replaced with old material in the final cut of the film itself]

What makes you say this? Is this a rumour? Or is it just based on how much JJ loves nostalgia?

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

What makes you say this? Is this a rumour? Or is it just based on how much JJ loves nostalgia?

Because the End Credits wasn’t included in the FYC selection, unlike TFA and TLJ...

Usually when you see 'Album Version', it

means that it was an arrangement made specifically for the album.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

1 hour ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Williams Impossible

The work that goes into this and every other hilarious gif or photoshop (or whatever it may be) you create for our and enjoyment is beyond me. You're an absolute star and these things make my day, no question! Thanks CC!

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

On 12/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, Jay said:

The end credits not appearing here at all make me think the actual end credits in the film will be entirely old arrangements re-recorded; Here's hoping before that decision was made, he wrote and recorded a new unique end credits arrangement and we'll get that on the OST

2 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I have a feeling Off the Waterfront won't make it on the OST. Seems like a cue Williams would leave off.

Shazam already matched it to the OST track "The Old Death Star"

Yeah, the lack of "Main Title" is the biggest thing that jumps out at me, and I can't wait to see what the deal is with it. It's probably part of "Fanfare and Prologue"... but why call it "Fanfare"? The answers will be revealed shortly

1 minute ago, Pawel P. said:

Okay, I'm watching the movie in 9 hours. This is a special moment. The end of the saga, perhaps the last of John Williams' great epic scores. I haven't listened to FYC because I think it's worth being patient. I think I'll write here about my feelings about the music in the movie after the screening.

This is truly historic, I know this forum loves to joke or whatever but this is the end of a 42 year journey. I'm so excited!

Maybe the "fanfare" is the Fox Fanfare, back after the Disney acquisition. Or maybe JW replaced Newman's fanfare with one of his own. Or maybe Abrams went crazy and did a prologue instead of the usual title crawl. Or... Or... Or....

Sorry you came away empty-handed but definitely very much appreciate you making the trip down there for us, bud. Sorry for the faulty intel from mission control. Hope you enjoy the soundtrack when you are able to get your hands on it. 

Physical release delayed in Australia. Fuck!

Please note that due to manufacturing/distributing issues, stock is delayed. Stock is expected to arrive in store & online 27/12/2019. Expected date is subject to change.

Looks like my first listen will need to be a digital download, sadly. Hopefully there's a HD audio version by Friday. 

4 hours ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

image.png

Tell me more, tell me more, like, does he have a TIE

Kylo and Rey form the new order of the Summer Knights. 

And apparently there's a track called "Prologue"

I now also have visions of the film opening with the voice of the late Alec Guiness saying "Previously, on Star Wars..." as we spend a hour recapping the earlier movies, and THEN we get the title and crawl. Or Ian McDairmid announces, "Star Wars was filmed before a live studio audience..."

Anyone been watching the World Premiere live right now? Havent spotted John Williams as yet but they might be playing the OST in the background....

I think I heard The Anthem of Evil or some ostinato driven rhythmic march. Definitely playing Williams there... 

2 minutes ago, Amer said:

Anyone been watching the World Premiere live right now? Havent spotted John Williams as yet but they might be playing the OST in the background....

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31022-the-rise-of-skywalker-red-carpet-premiere-live-stream-could-feature-new-music-in-the-stream/

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Physical release delayed in Australia. Fuck!

Please note that due to manufacturing/distributing issues, stock is delayed. Stock is expected to arrive in store & online 27/12/2019. Expected date is subject to change.

Looks like my first listen will need to be a digital download, sadly. Hopefully there's a HD audio version by Friday. 

Yes, I saw that too, going to preorder from Sanity, of which I've also sent an email asking if the stock will be in on time! Damn JB, they've failed me for the last time.

Also noticed it's not on Amazon AU.