The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

6 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Yes, I saw that too, going to preorder from Sanity, of which I've also sent an email asking if the stock will be in on time! Damn JB, they've failed me for the last time.

Also noticed it's not on Amazon AU. 

JB, they've done it again! 

Seriously though, so annoying. I would imagine the stock shortage is a nationwide issue so I doubt Sanity will be any better. 

Seems the TROS OST master was locked super late, so it wouldn't surprise me if other markets also have delays in the next few days. 

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Did somebody say the NZ digital version is out tomorrow morning? I'm too lazy to go through a bunch of old comments.

You’re not missing much

Yeah, it's really unusual. Still no exact matches for any of the titles from Shazam with only 8 hours to go. They're either keeping it locked up tight or the album is completely different from what we're expecting.

@crumbs Sanity have confirmed that all Australian retailers have the same delay, however they're claiming it will be in stock on the 30th - no doubt JB will change it to that date too.

Bummer. Ah well, it's only a week longer and we'll both probably have a digital copy to fill in the gap.

5 minutes ago, Arpy said:

@crumbs Sanity have confirmed that all Australian retailers have the same delay, however they're claiming it will be in stock on the 30th - no doubt JB will change it to that date too.

Bummer. Ah well, it's only a week longer and we'll both probably have a digital copy to fill in the gap.

Thanks for checking with them, have been stuck at work all day. 

Crazy to think the digital release is only 5 hours away. I really hope there's a high definition version. I don't want to wait until the 30th to hear the score in lossless. :(

Screw that. I'll get mine from Sanity. That's just total BS.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Physical release delayed in Australia. Fuck!

Please note that due to manufacturing/distributing issues, stock is delayed. Stock is expected to arrive in store & online 27/12/2019. Expected date is subject to change.

Looks like my first listen will need to be a digital download, sadly. Hopefully there's a HD audio version by Friday. 

What the actual.....?

Fuck that embargo shit

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

25 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

You guys are hilarious. Just wait for the thing to be made available. Honestly, waiting a week longer is not going to kill anyone.

The 30th isn't a week (more like a fortnight) and there's no guarantee stock will even be available then. It's available digitally in 3 hours; rather absurd that physical copies are so much later.

But it's clearly not just the smaller labels like LLL being affected by CD manufacturing issues now. Presumably some last-minute cues from the November sessions went into the OST presentation and pushed back the deadline, causing delays. By comparison, the TLJ OST was locked nearly 6 months before release, so it was no surprise to see that turn up on time (and early, in many places).

In fairness, considering they wrapped production in February, a 9 month post-production schedule for a film this scale is pretty impressive. The prequels spent like 2 years in post-production.

But I agree that Rian seemed to have a clearer vision when he shot the film, whereas JJ's approach is more scattergun (throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, then reshoot what doesn't work).

7 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Say what you will about Rian Johnson, but at least he was efficient. No extreme reshoots, no last-minute filming and editing, no drama. I like JJ, but the guy's nuts.

Yeah. But the drama comes with the movie release ^^

44 minutes ago, Ricard said:

I know I will!

Do you VPN to NZ to listen to the album on Spotify, or how do you do it?

EDIT: Never mind, I'll use Hola VPN, but it's blocked at my work, and the mobile version requires subscription. %&#¤! I'll listen to it when I get home then.

I'm going to bed, can't stay up any longer. (Fully expecting to see another dozen pages' worth of content in this thread by the time I wake up.)

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

How can you have lunch in a time like this?!?

You're right, I should have just taken the day off.

Also, I got a heart attack when I saw this just now. But that's just some playlist made by some asshole.

SmartSelect_20191217-111604_Spotify.jpg

5 minutes ago, Biodome said:

You're right, I should have just taken the day off.

Also, I got a heart attack when I saw this just now. But that's just some playlist made by some asshole.

SmartSelect_20191217-111604_Spotify.jpg

"made by some asshole" this guy is free to prepare his own playlist man! :down:

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

So aescalle just admitted to be user soundtrackstunners on Spotify, pathetically trying to get followers by pretending to have the OST playlist.

No just reacting on rude words from fanatics.

I am not on spotify.

using deezer for download and I never use streaming music for listening.

A question:

Is it a problem to be user of this playlist?

7 minutes ago, Biodome said:

He lost that right the instance he included Giacchino in it

He as the freedom to include what he wants... Even Donna Summer or the Village people !!!! LOL :lol:

Well lets keep quite people... It is just a new release.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I don't like it when people make playlists that appear to something else than they are.

They should create them as private playlist.

If it is like Deezer there is an option to do it.