The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

Here's something to listen to for the last few hours of waiting:

Sony has recently released digitally Charles Gerhardt's recordings of music from SW and RotJ. Sadly, it doesn't include Gerhardt's excellent, extended suite from CE3K. Of course, everybody who care about that already have the CD. ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082KHMGWT/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

15 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Here's something to listen to for the last few hours of waiting:

Sony has recently released digitally Charles Gerhardt's recordings of music from SW and RotJ. Sadly, it doesn't include Gerhardt's excellent, extended suite from CE3K. Of course, everybody who care about that already have the CD. ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082KHMGWT/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Nice but is this the surround sound version or the RCA RED SEAL mix which was in proper stereo?  (Yes I have these RCA cds already) It would be nice if these get remastered and reissued. Apparently the Classic Film Score Series conducted by Charles Gerhardt is getting  a 12 CD box set issue in March next year. Sony previously reissued the full stereo versions(sans surround mix) in 2010.

1 minute ago, Amer said:

Nice but is this the surround sound version or the RCA RED SEAL mix which was in proper stereo?

Good question.

1 minute ago, Amer said:

It would be nice if these get remastered and reissued.

Agreed!

17 minutes ago, Amer said:

Apparently the Classic Film Score Series conducted by Charles Gerhardt is getting  a 12 CD box set issue in March next year.

Interesting - what's your source for that? Vocalion is currently releasing the remastered, true surround recordings, so I doubt Sony will interfere and release a box set while Vocalion holds a license.

17 minutes ago, Amer said:

Sony previously reissued the full stereo versions(sans surround mix) in 2010.

I know. I stuck with the early 90s releases, as they sound fine enough, but I bought the 2010 Tiomkin release as that one was missing from my collection.

14 minutes ago, Gistech said:

For another time?

And space.

11 minutes ago, Amer said:

Nice but is this the surround sound version or the RCA RED SEAL mix which was in proper stereo?

If I understood @Marian Schedenig's explanation correctly, the old surround sound version does have proper stereo, it's the surround which is fake and derived from the stereo channels.

12 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Interesting - what's your source for that? Vocalion is currently releasing the remastered, true surround recordings, so I doubt Sony will interfere and release a box set while Vocalion holds a license.

I know. I stuck with the early 90s releases, as they sound fine enough, but I bought the 2010 Tiomkin release as that on was missing from my collection.

And space.

Its already posted on Amazon.com both UK & German websites. There is already a  discussion on FSM on this with the links. Vocallion Dutton is at this point only doing the Quadraphonic sourced tapes releases at this point for multi channel SACD and they have only done 5. I expect they would do 1 more title but I really wish if they could do the entire 12-13 albums. And I'd love to have these Gerhardt STAR WARS albums in the SACD format someday.

2 minutes ago, Amer said:

I expect they would do 1 more title but I really wish if they could do the entire 12-13 albums.

I thought they were planning to do the whole series.

2 minutes ago, Amer said:

Its already posted on Amazon.com both UK & German websites.

Interesting! However, I doubt Sony will care to including any additional tracks that haven't been released before. 

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I thought they were planning to do the whole series.

Interesting! However, I doubt Sony will care about including any additional tracks that haven't been released before. 

Yes, its most likely a reissue of the previous 12 cd catalogue housed as a 1 set. I have 4 missing albums from that so Id love to get this set and hey the price is quoted as around € 30 so it would be a bargain!

7 minutes ago, Amer said:

Its already posted on Amazon.com both UK & German websites.

I just found the link:

71Q%2BCPT6K4L._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B082BWZRCH/ref=sr_1_1?crid=198MLM9KM65MP&keywords=charles+gerhardt&qid=1576584661&refinements=p_76%3A183882031&rnid=183862031&rps=1&s=music&sprefix=charles+gerhardt%2Caps%2C215&sr=1-1

I'd avoid this one, as it's Sony line of super-cheap box sets. No booklets at all. Very likely, there won't be any additional material nor improved remastering. Probably no Star Wars either.

3 minutes ago, Amer said:

Yes, its most likely a reissue of the previous 12 cd catalogue housed as a 1 set. I have 4 missing albums from that so Id love to get this set and hey the price is quoted as around € 30 so it would be a bargain!

Better get the missing albums from eBay - you can find all of them for a good price if you have a bit patience.

10 minutes ago, Biodome said:

Well, we have put too much faith in New Zealand. It's not even always shown on world maps. Hardly a real, useful country, but rather more of a background to Peter Jackson's films.

On second thought, let's not to go New Zealand. It is a silly place.

Didn't seem to release as planned on AU or NZ iTunes, but let's work as a team to try all 155 country codes :)

21 hours ago, Jay said:

https://music.apple.com/NZ/artist/john-williams/63748#see-all/full-albums

https://music.apple.com/AU/artist/john-williams/63748#see-all/full-albums

And if you want to try other countries besides NZ and AU, here are all the country codes iTunes uses:

https://gist.github.com/daFish/5990634

I'm not sure how to look at other country's catalogs on other digital services such as Google Play, Amazon MP3, etc.  I believe you have to use a VPN for those.

Wouldn't surprise me to find it's a global release lining up with midnight East West Coast US. But are we sure it was meant to be midnight of Tuesday 17th into Wednesday 18th? And not 18th into the 19th?

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Now we just cross our fingers for an old-fashioned leak, or we wait for midnight US eastern!

New release show up on USA digital stores at 3am Eastern/midnight Pacific

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I just, you know, pay attention!

Netflix shows drop at 3am Eastern/midnight pacific as well

A little less than 19 hours away, right?

Maybe they are going to do a worldwide simultaneous launch, once it is the 18th in.. most countries?  All countries?  Some countries?

Basically, we need to keep refreshing various iTunes pages on the hour, every hour, until it's just there one of those times :p