The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

I'm going to see the film tomorrow night. Maybe this is my first Star Wars without hearing the OST first. 

Apart from Rogue One, but that doesn't count does it?

angry family guy GIF by HULU

1 minute ago, filmmusic said:

Perhaps me too in Greece.

But I'm so tired from work everyday, I hope i don't fall asleep in the cinema. (I slept in Transformers).

I think i haven't been in a cinema since TFA.

How did you sleep watching Transformers in the cinema!?

explode nuclear explosion GIF by Faith Holland

So... the whole movie can spoil itself months before the premiere but the score can't sneak out even AFTER it was supposed to have already been officially released.

Figures the one thing they managed to secure tightly on this leaky Skywalker ship is what will likely be the best single element OF the whole thing. 

24 minutes ago, Larry O said:

So... the whole movie can spoil itself months before the premiere but the score can't sneak out even AFTER it was supposed to have already been officially released.

Figures the one thing they managed to secure tightly on this leaky Skywalker ship is what will likely be the best single element OF the whole thing. 

Eh, Disney announced it would drop on the 18th, and it's not yet the 18th in the USA, where Disney is based.

We assumed it would be up for sale when it was the 18th in other countries before the USA, but I guess we shouldn't have assumed that

22 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

How many hours till the usual release hour in USA?

We have no idea.  It depends on what time Disney deemed was the right time to release it.

The first timezone to become the 18th is my time zone, EST, where it will be midnight 13 1/2 hours from now.

If they are going by when it's midnight in California, where Disney Records is based, that's 16 1/2 hours from now.

If they are going by the last timezone to switch over to the 18th, that's Hawaii, where it's midnight on the 18th 18 1/2 hours from now

The press release only mentions that the score will be released on the 18th. It doesn't say what time of the day, nor which time zone.

Is the speculation about midnight release based on previous experience? When were the TFA and TLJ scores released digitally? Did Australia get those first at midnight? Or did Disney wait for midnight for the East Coast US before releasing anything?

I think I vaguely remember waking up to DisneyVEVO channel having uploaded the TLJ score the morning after the midnight premiere. And that was in the UK.

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

Finale is the End Credits?

Of course, what else would it be

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Probably the last small cue (read: Force Theme) then the End Credits, yeah.

Right. That.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Of course, what else would it be

On TLJ, the OST track Finale also included about a minute of the movie's epilogue (the boy with the broom), maybe the same thing happened here?

So "Approaching the Throne" and "A New Home" are basically exactly what was on the FYC. Interesting. Everything else is restructured and merged, and/or omitted, one way or another.

It seems like it's a thing he does at the end of his trilogies? Probably purely by accident, but for ROTJ, it's "Main Title (The Story Continues)" which is, I believe, the only time a parenthetical is used in a title? 

For Revenge of the Sith it's "Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith" 

And now for Rise of Skywalker it's "Fanfare and Prologue." 

(also weird - calling it a "prologue" when it comes after the title card) 

Just now, Larry O said:

It seems like it's a thing he does at the end of his trilogies? Probably purely by accident, but for ROTJ, it's "Main Title (The Story Continues)" which is, I believe, the only time a parenthetical is used in a title? 

He's gotta get his jollies somehow!

Also @Jay the text editor bar has changed suddenly for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Larry O said:

(also weird - calling it a "prologue" when it comes after the title card) 

Also, for Empire the name of the track on the OST is "Star Wars (Main Theme)". 

I agree it is probably purely by accident.