The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

My wife went into HMV  store this morning and they said it's not out yet, only in America!  I knew this was wrong, so I went into a different HMV store in my dinner hour, and they had about ten stacked on the shelve!  Some of these assistents are bloody useless! 

Thank you for the pictures of the European jewel case version, Karol, that's great!

I can try to post pictures of the North American digipak version when it arrives at my house today, depending on when it gets here.

My copy is "out for delivery", so I guess it will arrive with the rest of the normal mail, which usually happens around 4pm or so

So...nothing in french stores for now, I really hope we'll get the usual digipak version with the french title.

And by the way, the notes say "Music Composed and Conducted by John Williams". It's amazing if he conducted the whole thing himself!

3 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

Yes, except that "Music By John Williams" font on TFA is much smaller than the other two...  :stick: :pat:

Now that you mention it... 🤨

6 hours ago, Chewy said:

And by the way, the notes say "Music Composed and Conducted by John Williams". It's amazing if he conducted the whole thing himself!

Didn't Don say in that video that Bill was conducting some of the heavier stuff? Although I read the end credits and it specifically only listed Williams as conductor, so who knows (unless he was listed underneath as "additional conducting" or something).

I received my copy today too (from Amazon). Amazon amazingly did not crush it despite the minimal mailer it came in.

While I would prefer a plastic case, I do appreciate how the trifold opens to show Rey and Kylo flanking the CD tray.

I do fine the new droids on the booklet cover an odd choice for the final CD from the saga.

JJ's story is cute (although so odd he spends 5 paragraphs on Jaws in a Star Wars score). Interestingly, he calls out 3 new themes - We Go Together, Knights of Ren and Anthem of Evil.

As always, I love seeing all the musicians who worked on the score, and I was thrilled, but not surprised, to see Gloria Cheng as principal pianist. 

Luke does not figure in the packaging which I assume is because showing an image of him in the film would reveal a story element of how he appears. (He is in the credits, and all of us knew what to expect but maybe more casual fans did not?) At least Lando & Leia made it in there. No Chewy though. Otherwise, Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo are the main images as to be expected.

Overall, the CD release is about what I expected. It's fine, and I am happy to place it along the other 2 sequel trilogy entries. (I also bought a copy of the Japanese release because that looks so much cooler!)

(Edit: Forgot to mention that the US version has a small slip advertising Disney+.)

1 minute ago, artguy360 said:

Does the album credit orchestrators? The film credits John Williams and William Ross for Orchestrations. 

No. Nothing listed for that role in the CD packaging. 

22 hours ago, crocodile said:

Funny they released TLJ as digipak.

Karol

So UK - TFA was jewel case, TLJ digipak, and back to TROS as jewel case (got mine from Fopp's Leicester Square today!

Did they ever release TLJ in a jewel case in the UK?

5 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

So UK - TFA was jewel case, TLJ digipak, and back to TROS as jewel case (got mine from Fopp's Leicester Square today!

Did they ever release TLJ in a jewel case in the UK?

Only on Amazon UK.

Karol

53 minutes ago, Gistech said:

Oh, Amazon does that in the US as well?

Oh, good point, maybe it was delivered by Amazon and not the USPS. Idk. But this had never happened before

1 hour ago, Jay said:

For some reason the post office left mine on the ground near the mailbox, instead of putting it inside! 

IMG_20191221_102840.jpg

It's fine, though. 

The postman probably didn't want to fold the precious bubbles.

9 hours ago, Jay said:

For some reason the post office left mine on the ground near the mailbox, instead of putting it inside! 

IMG_20191221_102840.jpg

It's fine, though. 

Your going to need a Bigger boat😂

Funny story. I am listening to RoS and David asks what I am listening too. I tell him and he gets made at me for opening my present early. Oops. Actually I bought it. He thought he knew what to get Joe for Christmas so now he's I have two copies. 

The rule at my house is Only buys movies and/or soundtracks that I put on my gift list. If it isn't on the list I buy it myself.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, Jay said:

IMG_20191221_102840.jpg

It's fine, though. 

In America  it is illegal to place items in the mailbox that do not have US postage on it.

Every other time we've gotten something delivered by Amazon, they drove up our driveway and left it on our breezeway entrance steps.  This is the first time they've left it by the mailbox.  I guess they were in a rush!