The Rise of Skywalker - Disney Records OST

Jay

That's what we are saying, it was not delivered by the US Postal system, it was delivered by an Amazon employee/contract worker

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I'm a mail man, thats just unacceptable!

Amazon is not mail. In the US mailboxes are basically US Govt. Property. Only mailmen can use the mail box. Not Amazon drivers, ups driver, fed ex dhl etc

Just now, Stefancos said:

Are their any other postal companies than USPS in the USA?

8 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Amazon drivers, ups driver, fed ex dhl etc

So if only one out of a handful of companies is actually allowed to use the mailbox, it sort of ceases to be a mailbox doesn't it?

All my Amazon orders have delivery instructions asking them to use our parcel box if something doesn't fit through the letterbox - it works a treat.

Packages sent from Amazon COULD be delivered through the US Postal system, OR their own independent delivery system. 

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

So if only one out of a handful of companies is actually allowed to use the mailbox, it sort of ceases to be a mailbox doesn't it?

All my Amazon orders have delivery instructions asking them to use our parcel box if something doesn't fit through the letterbox - it works a treat.

The US Mail is a quasi governmental agency. It is the one and only mail carrier in the US. All ths others are private couriers.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

For The Netherlands, yes.

Thanks for confirming, mate.

At first, it did seem a bit excessive. I seem to recall previous CDs being in the 10-20 euro range.

But I suppose that's the effect of streaming services leading to hard-copy CDs becoming more collectables and therefore more expensive.

Since the streaming approach isn't going to disappear any time soon, I suppose higher prices are better than to not have CD releases anymore at all.

Hi long time lurker here.

Just wondering if anyone knows or knows how to find out if the UK will get the digipak version of ROS on CD? I've got the first 2 like this and really want to complete the set but the only version my local HMV had in stock was the standard jewel case.

4 hours ago, GingerHairedApe said:

Just wondering if anyone knows or knows how to find out if the UK will get the digipak version of ROS on CD? I've got the first 2 like this and really want to complete the set but the only version my local HMV had in stock was the standard jewel case.

I can’t answer your question directly but can tell you Amazon US sells only the digipak version. I’ve been able to order things from amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr unavailable from amazon.com and it should be perfectly possible to do it vice versa. You might pay more in shipping and have to wait a few extra days, but your collection will be visually consistent and that’s what matters!

Looks like it's a standard CD over here in Australia too. Both TFA and TLJ were released over here in two editions - standard and 'Deluxe' which is merely the digipak version in the US. This time, it's just the standard over here. If I can be fussed, I'll order the digipak from Amazon.

Just happy to finally have it!

20191226_105701~2.jpg

Is anyone have the playlists of TFA, TLJ and TROS, using the OSTs in the "best chronological effort" order + concert suites included in the programs?

Thanks!

On 12/24/2019 at 7:58 PM, GingerHairedApe said:

Also interested to hear if any UK people have a UK digipak version?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It seems like in Europe I can only get the jewel case version of the soundtrack for The Rise of Skywalker. I am looking for the digipack release though, since I have those editions for TFA and TLJ scores as well. Could someone tell me if the soundtrack sold on Amazon US is always the digipak version?

I guess it is, from Discogs, the US release is a digipack: 

https://www.discogs.com/release/14554551

Searching the barcode from Discogs on Amazon.com leads to this product: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081W366ML/

I ordered this one from Amazon.com (haven't received it yet) and it cost about 18 EUR with shipping.

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I guess it is, from Discogs, the US release is a digipack: 

https://www.discogs.com/release/14554551

Thanks, the images seem to confirm it is. Ordered a copy :)

Still, I wish they'd made the distinction between 'normal' and 'deluxe', like they did for the other two releases. 

Digipacks are lighter and less expensive to ship. I prefer them than jewel case because I usually receive jewel cases broken with some or all center pins holding the CDs broken too...

Please can somebody give me information which european on-line shops are selling jewel case versions?

I was told that all shops in UK are selling jewel case versions only but it is not true because for example Presto Music is selling digipack version!

So it seems it is not that simple. Unfortunately the shops do not mention what version they are selling!

Please help!

Thank you very much for your advice in advance.

11 hours ago, Jay said:

11 hours ago, E-Wan said:

Please can somebody give me information which european on-line shops are selling jewel case versions?

I was told that all shops in UK are selling jewel case versions only but it is not true because for example Presto Music is selling digipack version!

So it seems it is not that simple. Unfortunately the shops do not mention what version they are selling!

Please help!

Thank you very much for your advice in advance.

I got my copy a few days ago. but beware my case was all cracked!