Status of Harry Potter 2 disc set

bruckhorn

Hey, y'all.

A couple of weeks ago I read that the two disc set of Harry Potter was "due in a couple of weeks". Well, it's been a couple of weeks, anybody know its status?

Bruckhorn, celebrating 29 posts! (it's my jersey number when I play sports.)

(An aside, why was Kobe Bryant wearing a Jets uniform in the post game press conference tonight-- doesn't he know that the Jets play a couple hundred yards from where the Nets play? Guess that's the difference a college education makes.)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, y'all.

A couple of weeks ago I read that the two disc set of Harry Potter was "due in a couple of weeks".  Well, it's been a couple of weeks, anybody know its status?

Good question. I was wondering that myself. Is it a hoax? With the "Digital master recording" rumors, it seems too good to be true...

(An aside, why was Kobe Bryant wearing a Jets uniform in the post game press conference tonight-- doesn't he know that the Jets play a couple hundred yards from where the Nets play?  Guess that's the difference a college education makes.)

Naa. He also wears Boston stuff too. And since he's from Philly, none of that makes sense.

I can't stand that primadonna. How dare he wear's my favorite football team's jersey. The nerve!

Uh oh... off-topic rant! :mrgreen:

I can't stand the Fakers, the NBA and NBC's moneymaker paper champions. I can't stand the way the NBA fixes playoff games by giving the Fakers every call. I could go out there and beat everybody too if I was wearing that pi$$ n' purple uniform. Look people! I can scratch, hold, clothesline and undercut because I'm a Laker and you can't because you play for another team! Weee!

Disgusting. The Spurs and the Kings both got robbed. Call it both ways refs! Are you blind? Nope. If you were blind you'd give bad calls on both sides! The NBA is more fixed than a WWF/WWE match, and I have hours of footage on VHS to prove it! :evil:

And I can't stand Los Angeles, that hellhole of California, and the Staples Center, the rectum of LA. And I hate that song "I love LA". It sucks. LOL

(Speaking of pro wrestling... Boy, I could make a great heel with comments like those! The whole place would be cheering for my demise!! LOL :devil: )

-Chris, Who hates the Lakers and the sight of all those pretend drugged out Hollywood fans led by that jack@$$ Jack Nicholson and Co.. (That reminds me... the worst of Spielberg isn't one of his movies, it's seeing him watch the Fakers... ugh....) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I've noticed that before in someone else's topic about something else:

Could you please put a "?" in your topic line if you're asking for info yourself? The way it is now I was thinking there is some new news about it...

-Chris

:tongue2: Oh Cris is just mad cause his Spurs (Robinson is soft ROTFL) didn't have what it takes. The Lakers got screwed by the Refs in games 2 and 5 of the Kings series as well. :mad:

Stefan, remember I am from Arkansas, which is in the south. WE are not Yankee's. I understand why Europeans call us that, but here in the South, it is a great offense to refer to us as Yankee's. :) Yankees are northern aggressors and carpetbaggers from above the Mason Dixon line. We sir are Gentlemen. :jump:

And as Southerners and members of the Southeastern Conference we recognise SEC Football as the only true sport. Everything else just happens until football season in the fall. Only 93 days until the season starts.

So no I personally don't care about the soccer victory by the US over Portugal. :) I got more pleasure out of Senagal's victory than the US's.

Joe, who cannot wait to hear AOTC played by the college bands this fall. Maybe even some HP and MR will be played by the Marching Razorback Band.

I just heard on the radio about that soccer thing. :)

Justin -Who not sure if he's got the lingo right....

so is the 2cd set gonna happen before the release of the second movie and score, let alone at all?

I'm portuguese, and I'm pretty pissed with Portugal's defeat. That was a demonstration of utter disrespect by the portuguese team towards their country, filled with faithful fans. I do congratulate the US team for their game, but the defeat of portugal was much more talked about and discussed in Portugal than celebrated in the US. Hopefuly the Portuguese national team will redeem itself in the next games.

Never the less:

GO PORTUGAL!!!

Joe, who cannot wait to hear AOTC played by the college bands this fall.  Maybe even some HP and MR will be played by the Marching Razorback Band.

::Shivers:: Ugh, the rancid sound of college marching bands.... You wanna hear some REAL marching music, listen to Cadets of Bergen County 199...3, I believe. Best Williams show ever put on the field. Everything else blows chunks.

-St. Yodes, marching band instructor/percussion arranger/brass and woodwind arranger.

-St. St. Yodes, Still wondering why he can't log in....

so is the 2cd set gonna happen before the release of the second movie and score, let alone at all?

I could be totally wrong on this, but:

There might be a possibility that it won't happen at all.

Think about who WB's marketing is directed to: kids

And just how many kids want a complete score: not many;

they'd rather have toys and candy, not complete music tracks. Even if adults like the series too, the appeal is still more to kids.

Star wars seems to have a more adult fanbase than kids- and pay attention to details like music and rare creatures as collectibles....

And it was because of a petition that TPM UE even got made.

Perhaps if you all petition for HP 2cd, they might make it.

Or you could result to other means.... :)

Kradia,

We're talking about a boot here, not an official 2-cd release from WB. I don't think anyone ever really thought THAT would be possible.

I don't think anyone ever really thought THAT would be possible.

Oh but wouldn't that be nice? To think that the record companies **REALLY** gave more thought to what would make the fans happy, instead of what made THEM money.

Life sucks in the real world, thats why I live in my own alternate universe!

Ugh, don't ask. I have no idea why I typed that. I'm in an internet cafe and am totally caught up in their ultra-futuristic, brain-sucking atmosphere.

that's true, but the movie has made sooooo much money already so they are in perfect position to put another album out, especially since the first one did so well. if what you say is treu, then kids who loved the original soundtrack will look at the new 2cd version with MORE music, they'll buy it.

Anyone of you yankees care about the fact that the US team beat the Portugese with 3- 1?

Stefancos- :roll:

It was actually 3-2, but I care! That game was awesome! Most people just don't know enough about soccer to realize what a big upset that was. This is the World Cup! The winners of this tournament can truely call themselves World Champions.

Stefancos, thanks for bringing it up.

One: I apologize for not putting a question mark in the subject header to imply that I was questioning the status of the 2-cd set. I just need to remind myself that the subject headers do not need to be complete sentaces.

Two: While I will admit that the U.S. getting their upset was big (in World Cup action), I think Senegal beating France was a bigger upset. The French look quite flat this time out. I just started a new job last week and my boss is a big soccer (futball) fan. One of my co-workers keeps a copy of the TV schedule in her purse and several others are from other countries (especially Sweden). Gotta keep up on the action to fit in. I'm sure they love my use of hockey terms to describe actions on the field.

Three: Though I don't speak Spanish, I really like the way the guy on the Galavision broadcasts (in the US) exclaims "GOAL!" and makes it lasts thirty seconds, or so. At least it feels like it. I think he's trying to complete his goal calls from Germany's 8-0 defeat of Saudi Arabia.

Four: I am surprised that my sports rant ended up being the thrust of the thread. Even if it did morph into being about the World Cup. Pretty much anything that brings people together in peace is pretty good in my book. (That's refering to the World Cup, not my rant.)

Five: It's after 2 am, I'm tired, making far too many typos, and am due on the golf course in five and a half hours. Beddy-bye from Bruckhorn.

I have the DVD and was considering doing the extract, but was waiting to see if this complete thing (whether legit or not) ever comes into fruitition. Easier that way because as much as I love unreleased music... those extracts are really a pain in the butt to do, and only do them if all other options for getting the music are exhausted.

BTW, am I the only one who just hates that freaking DVD bonus disc with the silly little wanna-be-witchraft games? I just want to see the bonus scenes, dammit! I don't want to do little tricks to "qualify" passage! How freaking annoying! :evil:

-Chris, Who isn't crazy about the Potter score or movie (The score is good, not great, but I really don't see all the fuss about these stories, and this movie had THE WORST CG in recent memory! I've seen better on cheap budget cartoons!). However, as usual... I still want the complete score....

Chris, Who isn't crazy about the Potter score or movie (The score is good, not great, but I really don't see all the fuss about these stories, and this movie had THE WORST CG in recent memory! I've seen better on cheap budget cartoons!). However, as usual... I still want the complete score....

Hmm, not even the score? Have you ever heard more pretty orchestrations??

Personally I'd like to get my hands on as much of John Williams music as I can. I wish they released more 2 CD expanded scores officially. I just got the DVD and heard several themes not on the official release. I am glad John Williams CDs are at lease 70 minutes unlike some of Goldsmith's or Elfman's that have lately only been around 45 min.