John Williams' DISASTER MOVIE SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION (Poseidon Adventure, Towering Inferno, Earthquake) 4CD Box Set from La-La Land Records

I've never listened to TTI or TPA outside a few tracks from the older releases, so I'll be more curious how the complete film scores stack up against other MM remasters from the same era. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you're probably busy listening to other John Williams stuff today , but here's the long-awaited podcast with Mike Matessino about the DISASTER MOVIE SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION:   https://

"Earthwake" -- sounds like the perfect name for an environmental issue movement! Time to wake up and save the earth, folks!    

This isn't directed at anyone. I'm just passionate about this subject lately...   On top of what Jay said, it's likely not often feasible for LLL to print an entire run. Sure, some are likel

8 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

I was a little disappointed with the Towering Inferno part. The complete score disk is a great listen. But since before I only owned a bootleg of the OST I was looking forward to get at last a good sounding version of "An Architect's Dream". But the endtiles on the first disk sound somehow as if the original tape was damaged there. And the version on disk two is not much better than the one I have on my bootleg. This is definitely a track where I would like to see a re-recording. Maybe on "Lights, Camera... Music 2"?

Check out the Suite on Varese RSNO re-recording series album called: The Towering Inferno and Other Disaster Classics which has the piece you have in question.

The Towering Inferno And Other Disaster Classics 1.jpg

14 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

was a little disappointed with the Towering Inferno part. The complete score disk is a great listen. But since before I only owned a bootleg of the OST I was looking forward to get at last a good sounding version of "An Architect's Dream". But the endtiles on the first disk sound somehow as if the original tape was damaged there.

How do you mean it sounds damaged?

The brass and the woodwinds have particularly a blubbering sound as if the recording was overdriven, even immediately the tumpets in the beginning. But for sure it wasn't a recording issue, so I guess it's partly overaged. Funnily I just recognized that in this last track. The rest seems fine to me. 

I guess this is not unusual for a recording of that age.