David Arnold's STARGATE (1994) - 2019 2CD La-la Land Records edition

Jay

Yea I like it too... and I had no idea before that so many tracks on the OST were not the film versions!

Can't wait to hear this!

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

I like this cover actually.

Karol

It's pretty good, yes, but a tad bit cheesy compared the original, more sleak cover, IMO. The score is one of my favourites from the 90s. I have no comment on this release otherwise (that isn't already known to everyone here).

This is one reason why I love LLL's C&C releases.  They actually put the FILM VERSIONS in the main body of the score with the proper label.  Then put the ALTERNATES of the film versions as bonus tracks. 

I really wish Varèse would have put the film version tracks for Air Force One in the main body of the score.  Although except for "The Hijacking", having that cue on the release is totally unnecessary. 

I'm really looking forward to hearing this complete release. It's another one (along with AFO) that I've been wanting in complete form for years.

I love how they incorporated the original poster into the disc art. 

"Send in the Probe" is my most wanted addition. Love the light choral moment in the ending where Catherine says to Jackson that the probe is on the other side of the known universe, and the gate closes. 

Then you've got the very creepy choir of the Ra - The Sun God film version added to this release...marvelous stuff. 

No differences in the actual music present, that I'm aware of.

Of course the OST featured "Orion" in its own track, while on the DE it's combined with the not-on-the-OST cue "Translation".

And the OST featured "The Seventh Symbol" in its own track, while on the DE it's combined with the not-on-the-OST cue "The Kiss".  

But I can't even remember now if those tracks have crossfades or a short silence; Doesn't matter regardless, since the LLL includes both OST tracks.

I'm insanely excited for this, but I just can't press the order button. 
I almost did but the situation I'm in is so dire, while it would be nice to spoil a little bit and get this album, I can't justify it when food and everything else is a priority for my son and I. 

The joys of family crises!

1 hour ago, Hitch said:

Another STARGATE release??  *Y   A   W   N*

Seriously?  This is the most definitive edition for the film score (this is not the TV series).  The so called "Deluxe Edition" from Varèse was half assed.  If you like this score the LLL release is the one to get and have.

By the way I can't remember who I saw mention about the cover saying they liked it. I actually like it a lot too. The artwork in general is really nice but the cover is LOADS better than what was used on the OST and Deluxe Edition.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

I wish they'd do another batch of Godzilla, I never got the chance to buy that one :(

There you go. 

https://buysoundtrax.myshopify.com/products/godzilla-the-ultimate-edition-original-soundtrack-by-david-arnold-3-cd-set

Karol

38 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Oh wow, is that a legitimate release? It's like the LLL and unreleased OST rolled together, but there's more alternates than the LLL had? Thanks for letting me know about it!

9 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Oh wow, is that a legitimate release? It's like the LLL and unreleased OST rolled together, but there's more alternates than the LLL had? Thanks for letting me know about it!

It's basically a reprint of LLL set with the original promo included as a bonus disc (which doesn't sound as good). It doesn't have as nice liner notes (I assume) bit it's legit. :)

Karol

23 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Yes, it's a legitimate release.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Here's two pages of discussion about it

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22200-buysoundtrax-re-releasing-david-arnolds-godzilla-on-october-17th-2012/