Poll: The 100 greatest films directed by women

Quintus

I've seen exactly half of these, i.e. 50. Many good ones here that have featured on my own top lists in recent years. And obviously many I still need to see.

11 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I've seen about half but the list doesn't do women any favors.

It has an outrageous recency bias. Like literally movies released a couple of months ago are on the list of the greatest movies of all time.

It's almost as if movie directing has been a field dominated by men in the past...

Looks like two from 2019 made the list, I admittedly have not seen them, or a lot on this list.  But some of the comments already in this thread....yikes.  JWFan can do better.

Two 2019 films on the list and neither of them is Clemency?  Also, how is there only one von Trotta on there?  There are a couple on there I would definitely not consider good movies, but they don't list Persepolis, Away from Her, or Bar Bahar?  Oh well, 32/100 isn't bad I suppose.

My favorite female director is Julie Taymor whose movies have a strong visual style (Frida, Titus, Across The Universe, ...).

Next year her latest movie The Glorias: A Life On The Road will be released with Alicia Vikander and Julianne Moore.