Þekþiþm

Anyone else prefer older vacuum cleaners?

I've been trying out newer vacuum cleaners but they're such a flimsy, plasticky lot of items, they look like they'll break after first use.

But when I was a kid, we had these Electrolux behemoths that had incredibly robust construction quality and smooth suction power. My parents bought one in 1984, but sadly it died about a decade ago. But I've been searching around for another. If only I could grab one of these, my childhood circle would be complete...

Screenshot_20191202-011219_Gumtree.jpg

Screenshot_20191202-011224_Gumtree.jpg

We had an ancient Hoover back in the day.  Best vacuum cleaner we ever had, more than 10 years of service.  All the others died a couple of years after purchase.  We have a Hoover again now, not quite the same, but good enough.

I asked mum tonight where did she buy the Electrolux, and she said dad bought it from a door-to-door salesman. I was like "really?!" That reminded me of that X-Files episode "Paper Hearts" where Tom Noonan played a convicted killer who sold vacuums door-to-door and murdered kids.