The Complete Star Wars Prequels Boxset vs. The Rise of Skywalker OST

Josh500

The Complete Star Wars Prequels Boxset vs. The Rise of Skywalker OST   

78 members have voted

1. 1. If both was released at the end of the year, but you're allowed to get only one, which would you get?

• The Complete Star Wars Prequels Boxset
    • Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker OST

If The Complete Star Wars Prequels Boxset (done by MM, of course) was released at the end of this year, and you're allowed to get either this or the OST album of The Rise of Skywalker, which would you get? Over seven hours of well-known music in pristine condition on official releases, or just slightly over 70 minutes of brand-new, never-before-heard music. 

Easy enough question. But dear God, I couldn't decide for the life of me. 😂

3 minutes ago, aescalle said:

The Complete Star Wars Prequels Boxset

for sure!

I think so too. 

Although it would absolutely crush me if I couldn't listen to the new, likely very last Star Wars score from JW on the OST album. 

4 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

just slightly over one hour of brand-new, never-before-heard music. 

The TFA OST ran 77 minutes

The TLJ OST ran almost 78 minutes

Why would the TROS OST suddenly only be slightly over 60 minutes?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

The TFA OST ran 77 minutes

The TLJ OST ran almost 78 minutes

Why would the TROS OST suddenly only be slightly over 60 minutes?

Semantics. 

1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes. 

For me that's slightly over 1 hour. Or if you like it better, I could say, slightly over 70 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Why not say "almost 80 minutes"?

Like I said, semantics. I could also say almost one 18th of a single day. 

5 minutes ago, aescalle said:

Dreaming of the complete score for "Attack of the clones" and " Revenge of the Sith"

and a good release for "Phantom Menace" ;)

Ditto! 

I saw the prequels probably at the most impressionble ages of my life... 17 to 22.

That's a very hard question... I'll be on the minority here, but I would chose TROS, because it's unheard new music by JW, while the prequels I've listened to countless bootlegs and the Ultimate Edition of TPM a lot over these years. So yeah, TROS is more of an urgent matter to me, while the prequels can wait... for a while.

Just now, Edmilson said:

That's a very hard question... I'll be on the minority here, but I would chose TROS, because it's unheard new music by JW, while the prequels I've listened to countless bootlegs and the Ultimate Edition of TPM a lot over these years. So yeah, TROS is more of an urgent matter to me, while the prequels can wait... for a while.

Not for a while. For life. 😂

Just now, hornist said:

TROS for sure. I have enough of prequel music and that new one IS better than those three together. 

Yeah right! Nothing from the Star Wars sequels beats TPM or "Star Wars Revenge of the Sith" (the track)! 

8 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

On the other hand, I might change my mind if the Matessino Star Wars prequels box set includes a cue by cue analysis of the themes and music

In last year's interview MM mentioned he does not like to do those anymore, he prefers the listener to experience the music for themselves (which I appreciate TBH).

38 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Where's the option "I'm @Thor and don't care for complete soundtrack releases"?

😂 

31 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

what a stupid thread

Nah, you just don't get it. 

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

In last year's interview MM mentioned he does not like to do those anymore, he prefers the listener to experience the music for themselves (which I appreciate TBH).

That's really unfortunate, and also senseless. Unlike a lot of people here, I really don't have any musical education, so detailed cue by cue analysis is how I can better understand the composer's intentions on every cue.

Fortunately, some people on the internet still do that, like our colleague Incanus or Craig Lysy at Movie Music UK.

Prequel box set should be  a main objective of all JWfans so I'd pick that

so many hours spent doing fan edits that aren't fully satisfying in the end, even though we have most of the music in decent qualilty . And Gigabytes of videogame rips sitting around uselessly on my hard drives. I can't wait for the day where I can delete all of that clutter. I'd even pick  a pristine sessions leak of the Prequels over TROS (which we know we'll be complaining about the unreleased music 1 day after the album release)

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Wait....Is TROS considered complete and expanded in this poll?  Or just the basic release we're getting this month?

Read the poll question and the OP again. Everything is clearly explained. 

The more interesting poll would be receiving either a Complete Prequel/Original Trilogy box set vs Williams actually scoring The Rise of Skywalker at all (but never getting proper MM releases of the first 6 scores).

You can only choose one! Mwahahahaha! 

This thread will reveal where everyone's true loyalties lie. 

I for one would get the Prequels boxset considering it's music I've loved for over a decade now versus a soundtrack I haven't heard which I could buy anytime.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

I for one would get the Prequels boxset considering it's music I've loved for over a decade now versus a soundtrack I haven't heard which I could buy anytime.

The question specifically stated you're only allowed to buy one, so you can't just buy it anytime.

Don't you guys know there are RULES to these pointless POLLS?!

I'd like both, but certainly in this fabricated, completely hypothetical situation I'd prefer 80 minutes of all new music over 6-7 discs of music I've already heard - either on the OST or in the movies. AINEC.

If a hypothetical prequel boxset was, say, $60, and the TROS OST was $15, and I only had $60 in my bank account, I would get the prequel boxset for sure. I have been waiting for many years for a prequel expansion, and only about a year for the TROS score.

Also, keep in mind that a prequel boxset would likely be a limited edition, meaning that it could potentially sell out rather quickly. The TROS album on the other hand will essentially have an infinite supply, both physical and digital. I could always just listen to the TROS album on the VEVO YouTube channel, or just download it from one of the websites that we can't talk about here. Or I could simply wait a week to have an additional $15 to buy the TROS album. The TROS album isn't going anywhere, but there's no way I'd willingly miss out on a limited edition prequel boxset.