28 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Finally, how many movies it will require for the hero to learn how?

Have you seen the films, Bespin? It's more the name than the act of training them beyond the first film.

27 minutes ago, Zaralyyth said:

It's there, "Flashback / Taken"

Oh, you've got it listed as bluray audio.

• 2 years later...
On 07/12/2019 at 1:30 AM, Zaralyyth said:

Hello!

I know it's been quite a while since my last post, so I thought I'd share a little about what I've been working on!

With the release of the 2019 For Your Consideration scores over the last month, I knew it was time to get back into making custom complete score edits using them! Luckily, the the latest one I worked on had a lot of new material and insight to offer. Until I can get my hands on the actual disk (assuming it's lossless), I'd like to share my own custom edit of How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World which combines thee OST, FYC, and the Blu-Ray Audio for the best quality experience (The FYC is 128 AAC), and thanks to Powell's photos on Instagram, not only do we have a complete list of cue numbers/slates, we also have partial titles throughout that helped with piecing this album together. (1m02ab Busy Busy Berk, 3m12b Romance in the Clouds, 4m16b The Hidden World, and 5m24b Finale. The rest is educated guestimation and most likely not at all correct.)

I followed along with the film audio so as to not miss anything, which helped greatly in matching slates to cues, and ignored 1 to 3 second OST microedits which didn't really take away from the cue itself. I've wrapped it all up in Google sheets for anyone who wants to follow along and make their own!  Any comments or critiques are welcome. (Please note that all of the slates except for the 4 listed are probably not matched with the right cues)

The tracklist I made just from the OST, FYC and Blu-Ray audio comes out to be as follows:

Reveal hidden contents

Hello, Zaralyyth. Sorry for bothering, but the Google sheets link leads to an error page, and I was wondering if it led to a more analytical version of the tracklist and you were able to provide me with a fixed link. I ask because I am making a full score for the OST of the third movie and I would like to use your tracklist (you will be credited, of course). Thank you very much! You will help a lot if you send it to me.

Here is a link to The Hidden World Full Score ''Teaser'' I have uploaded in MuseScore, the main page for my sheet music. https://musescore.com/user/35675360/scores/8226719

P.S. Is there any chance you have the cue numbers, too? Thanks, again!

P.S. Help from anyone else who either has the correct link or the cue numbers is really really welcome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2022 at 1:48 AM, Zaralyyth said:

Hello, thanks for your interest in this thread. The original excel sheet is very outdated and no longer accurate. I've put this together recently for sommeone else who asked about this exact thing, so I hope it will help you as well:

The cue numbers and titles marked in BOLD are from pictures on Powell's Instagram, so that's as official as you can get. The rest are pulled from hans-zimmer.com, which was updated recently. However it is a fan-site (although run by Zimmer lackeys) so it's probably 100% correct, but since it wasn't posted by Powell himself or someone associated with him, I can't confirm if they are correct. That being said, it is pretty easy to guess the slates between 4m17 and 5m24.

It should also be noted than on Powell's Instagram, and in the score books, he does not use zeros in the single digit cues numbers (1m01 -> 1m1), etc. This is purely a stylistic choice I think. So you can do whatever you want with that. But personally I would not use them to remain consistent!

The artist credits are from ASCAP and correspond to what's posted on the Zimmer site so I'd say they're fine as well. I've also marked which cues we do not have clean audio for (partial/film only cues)

1m01 v2I Rescue Mission (4:09) 
John Powell, Paul Mounsey

1m02AB v1O Busy Busy Berk (3:22) [[ <-- Partial ]]
John Powell

1m02C-03 v2J Marry Her - Grimmel Terms (3:56)
John Powell, Batu Sener

1m04 v1I Legend Has It (4:32)
John Powell, Batu Sener

2m05 v1M Mysterious Creature (2:20)
John Powell, Batu Sener

2m06AB v2M Toothless In Love - Dart Trap (3:50)
John Powell, Batu Sener

2m07AB v4F Grimmel's Visit - First Fight (3:38)
John Powell, Batu Sener, Paul Mounsey

2m08AB v1O Town Hall Speech - Exodus (4:40)
John Powell, Anthony Willis

2m09AB v1D Setting Up Camp - Valka's Warning (2:08) [[ <-- Missing ]]

3m10 v1N Forbidden Courtship (6:47) (Alt. title from session sheets: Toothless Goes a' Courtin')
John Powell

3m11 v2D Toothless Flies Alone (1:25)

3m12A v1F Near Miss Valka (0:43)

3m12B v2J Romance In The Clouds (3:02)
John Powell

3m13S Feast Source (1:22) (New Berk Feast Source on the Zimmer site) [[ <-- Missing ]]
John Powell

3m14AB v1P Ambush / Cage Fight (5:04)
John Powell, Batu Sener

4m15A v1E Stronger Together (1:03)
John Powell

4m15B-16A v1E Stronger Together (Part 2) / Into The Hole (1:46) (15B is "New Island" on the Zimmer site) [[ <-- Partial ]]
John Powell

4m16B v1N The Hidden World (5:20)
John Powell, Paul Mounsey, Jónsi

4m17 v1K With Love Comes Loss (1:05)
John Powell

4m18 v3I Grimmel's Surprise (3:39) [[ <-- Missing ]]
John Powell

5m19-20A v1I The Hiccup I Know - Intro To Battle (2:52)

5m20B v2K Armada Battle Pt 1 (3:58)

5m20C v2N Armada Battle Pt 2 (2:43)
John Powell, Batu Sener

5m21 v1P Ultimate Sacrifice (2:46)
John Powell

5m22 v2K Freedom (3:46)
John Powell

5m23 v3H Viking Wedding (1:53)
John Powell

5m24A v2F Boat Epilogue (2:20)
John Powell

5m24B v1K Finale (1:40)
John Powell

6m25 v2E End Credits Suite (6:37)
John Powell

EC Song - Together From Afar (3:17)
Jónsi

Hi! Thank you very much and sorry for the late response!

Basically, the other guy you sent the cue numbers was the owner of a YouTube Channel, Film Score And More, that I asked for help, too. So, I received them a few days ago.

One question: in the Score Book's References, you would like to be named as Zaralyyth, Eshizako (that's your YouTube Channel name, I think...), or as another name I do not know?

Again thanks for your help. You really help me take the Score Book to a whole new level. 👍

TheSoundtrackChannel