If you had access to only one JG soundtrack album, which would you want it to be?

Jurassic Shark

8 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Actually, I agree.

I remember exactly the day I've heard ST TMP for the first time: it was on New Year's Eve, December 31st, 2011. Back then, I was only a 18 year old college student that was still beginning to expand my knowledge about film music listening to the classics. I haven't watched the movie back then, since I was never a big Trek fan, we didn't had the DVDs (or the money to buy them), nor Netflix to stream it (I only got around watching it last year).

So, when I listened to the fanfare for the first time, I was simply entraced. Hipnothized. Mesmerized. And I had found a passion for the whole life. 

Fortunately, I could listen to the entire thing before going to the New Year's party (that here we call Revéillon, don't know how do you call it there).

A few days later, I listened to Total Recall and, after listening to End of a Dream countless times on repeat, found another JG score that I loved.

Until this day, both these scores are still on my top 10 film scores ever.

That Firday night back in 1979 I was a 19 year old Sophomore and my best friends at the time (same as now actually)  sat in the theatre in the middle of the row perfectly centered. The theatre attendant came out and told us the movie was started and it was just a music track to begin the film. ILIA'S theme came on and film music was again transcendent. Jerry didn't copy Star Wars. He stayed true to his style his base themes and yet he raised the bar. Throughout the 70's and 80's the two greatest film composers of the modern era (two greatest period) created great music that both countered and complimented each other. Star Trek the Motion Picture was an aural experience of sheer delight. It has never stops amazing me.

So giving some thought and I know that it will change... 

TMP, ST:V, Mummy or Rudy 

Rudy is just pure joy to me. It is extremely infectious and just lifts you up. 

Mummy I believe is the pinnacle of Jerry's action writing. 

TMP is a classic. 

ST:V though is rock solid. Introduces two new sublime themes that are used later in the franchise and the action is spot on. 

Believe it or not, I'm going with ST:V

ALIEN

May I also show you which scores I would miss the most then (aka nice try to disguise your honorable mentions):

100 Rifles

The Ghost and the Darkness

Legend

Night Crossing

Papillon

The Reincarnation of Peter Proud

The Shadow

Total Recall

Under Fire