The Rise of Skywalker - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album Discussion

Jay

4 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I think We go Together is a variation of the theme in Farewell

Yes, I agree. If there is going to be a new concert arrangement on the OST, I would bet on it being this theme. 

Either way I'm definitely at least 5% more pumped up for the film though. Listening to some of the music has given me some ideas on what might happen, and I'm curious if any of the scenes match what's in my head.

I'm hoping the very last "actiony" portion of "Seeing Sights" isn't the death of Palpatine. That would be way too short IMO. I don't want the overarching villain of the entire franchise for the past 40+ years to die in less than a minute.

30 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Maaan, the last minute of "Farewell" is quite possibly one of my favorite things he's written in recent years, if not ever. It has an all-time-classic type feel to it; I have a feeling that this will be one of those Williams moments that we listen to and talk about for years to come. Can't express how badly I would love a concert suite based on this theme.

me too but we can't be sure since a lot of his themes don't have concert versions

3 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

???????????????????????????????

tenor_(1).gif

ross = me 

rachel = TROS ost

phoebe  TROS fyc

this gif = Yay This is the SW score I've been waiting for since ROTJ

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

E.T. references! ROTJ references! TLJ references! ANH references! A Prologue! Falcon Flight is amazing! Farewell = crying emoji! I'm going insane! 

Please ignore this because I'm going insane! TROS is the best score of this century!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I guess most of the posters here downloaded the files. If you haven't obtained them in ten hours from now, just PM me (then I'll be home).

I missed this all as well.

Approaching the Throne's probably my favourite track so far. That new theme, the MotR rendition, the choir, everything!

If I wanted to send a great but not really spoilery track to a friend, which would you guys recommend? Falcon Flight?

To me the the last cue is 'A New Home' modulates both Emperors and Rey's Theme in a minor mode variation, The opening chords of both themes are strangely the same. or it is just me?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I guess most of the posters here downloaded the files. If you haven't obtained them in ten hours from now, just PM me (then I'll be home).

Thanks! I found it searching in google and coming across a link :)

Listened to it last night...lots of new material.Track 3 is beautiful, as are 14, 18 and 19. Kylo Rens theme dominates the whole thing, Emperors theme a few times,and Imperial March turns up as well! Fantastic score.

7 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Hehe, just been thinking...is the track title Hard to Get Rid Of in reference to Palps? :lol:

I'd love it if he said "I'm hard to get rid of" in his own voice, and then do that Sidious chuckle. That would be an instant meme.

11 minutes ago, RadJ said:

The bit of action music in the "They fly now?" clip is not present on the FYC album funnily enough

Williams has done around 135 minutes of the music for this film and we have only heard 50. Which means that around 85 minutes of more music we haven't heard as yet. Around 25 minutes will be added in the OST album.

26 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Hehe, just been thinking...is the track title Hard to Get Rid Of in reference to Palps? :lol:

Might be a reference to John Williams, actually:

"You need a better composer than I am for this film."

"I know. But you're hard to get rid of!"