The Rise of Skywalker - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album Discussion

Jay

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I know. To put it differently -- I don't want to know anything about the film at all, not even that which can be deduced from vague track titles.

That's why I directed everyone who wants to do that to a different thread.

The force theme at 1:20 in We Go Together is gorgeous - unlike anything I've heard lately in modern SW music. And the brass statement afterwards... oh my :music:

Falcon Flight... that emperor theme statement works great, and loving the brass bits from 1:13 to 1:25. Probably one of the better recent JW action cues.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Plot spoilers are not allowed in this thread, Thor.

In Thor's defense, that ship sailed when you permitted people to discuss tracks with the titles embedded in the mp3 files themselves. The web page uses Track 1, Track 2, etc for this reason. Ambiguity. 

You might not consider it to be a plot spoiler that there is an old Death Star or that somebody approaches a throne in this movie, since these are FYC track titles, but now Thor knows, and that has spoiled his knowledge. 

In Jay's defense, Thor should have followed the link, gotten the music, and avoided this thread like the plague. It's JWFan, after all. 

Does anybody else hear a similarity between the theme at 0:15 of "We Go Together" (Track 3) and 1:14 of "Falcon Flight" (Track 2)?

I thought the latter was a riff on Poe's Theme when I first heard it but now I feel like these two are related. I feel like I might have recognized it elsewhere, have to go through this again but this is the new melody that stuck out to me most.

Not sure if there's any relationship between it and the "Farewell" theme, hmm. 

So we can safely say that the Phantom theme Don Williams referred to isn't Duel of the Fates! So many pissed off fans will be crying AGAIN! 'No Duel of the Fates?!?!?!'

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Of course he meant the Emperor’s theme. It was obvious!

I never believed he meant DotF, but I remember there were a few members here who did.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

There will likely be expanded edits combining this with OST material before some people have even unwrapped their OST :P

It's like we've come full circle from 15-20 years ago

26 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Does anybody else hear a similarity between the theme at 0:15 of "We Go Together" (Track 3) and 1:14 of "Falcon Flight" (Track 2)?

I thought the latter was a riff on Poe's Theme when I first heard it but now I feel like these two are related. I feel like I might have recognized it elsewhere, have to go through this again but this is the new melody that stuck out to me most.

Not sure if there's any relationship between it and the "Farewell" theme, hmm. 

I guess it’s a theme for Zori Bliss since apparently she’s got something to do with Poe.

4 minutes ago, Remco said:

I guess it’s a theme for Zori Bliss since apparently she’s got something to do with Poe.

That'd be cute!

You guys we have an HOUR of new John Williams music and none of us have heard the soundtrack. This is so weird.

Just now, King Mark said:

I'm betting on a full concert version of the Farewell Theme...unless he doesn't like Rose's Theme, Sophie'sTheme and Tintin's Heroic March

Haven't heard Rose's theme in this yet.  I'm sure it will be there in the film.  He used it too much in The Last Jedi for it to not come back.

there was a bit of Roses's theme in the commercial

The Farewell  theme is beautiful but it sounds like something in a Disney Princess movie .Could totally be the ending of Frozen 2

7 minutes ago, Dixon Hill said:

One last hurrah eh gents?  Glad to be here for it. 

Hear, hear! Gonna hold off until the movie to hear the score, but it's great fun reading these early reactions from you all. I'm trying to appreciate and savor this current buzz because who knows if these forums will ever be witness to another large JW score event like this. I'm very appreciative of being able to share in this excitement with you all in these final days. Love you all. 

A lot of reports online now that the score is available. I wonder will Disney release the OST early on streaming now. I can't imagine they are too pleased with everyone streaming from the FYC site.

For an FYC they would've had to cut a majority of the Force/Luke/Vader themes, right? For qualifying? Like Scherzo for X-Wings in the TFA FYC removed most of the Luke statements.