The Rise of Skywalker - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album Discussion

Jay

12 minutes ago, Panama Jack said:

Well, I agree that if the price doesn't get too crazy, you should be able to rip it and put it right back up on eBay and either make most or all of your money back. 

That said, if you end up do running a deficit, then just take note of all the folks (me included) who said they'd help contribute to the cause. ;)

I definitely appreciate it, thank you. That's mighty kind of you.

My intention is to indeed send it right back to eBay from whence it came once the appropriate information has been, erm, absorbed. Because of the ability to resell it, whatever the final bidding price ends up being, it'll be more than worth it in order to properly have these tracks in lossless. 

Well, if it’s not too late to jump aboard the bandwagon, count me in. What would be the most convenient way to remunerate? Paypal? Venmo?

Venmo must not be big outside the U.S. But here it quickly became the Uber of money-sending apps  (“I’ll Venmo you my share of the bill.”)

Just now, Bayesian said:

Venmo must not be big outside the U.S. But here it quickly became the Uber of money-sending apps  (“I’ll Venmo you my share of the bill.”)

Inside joke, he know what Venmo is, @mstrox is also from the US if I am not mistaken

I'm torn, do I enter the fray, or do I wait for another to pop up, or will it all be meaningless when the expanded edition is released next year?

On 2/1/2020 at 9:07 AM, DrTenma said:

How did we miss that?? Shit, that makes even more absurd to purchase the one at 166$... 

The £15 one didn't have 'FYC' in the title - maybe most people didn't find it because they were only searching using that term.

Imagine if the dunderheads at Disney realised people were willing to fork out hundreds of dollars to get 20 minutes of unreleased music from TROS in lossless quality... maybe they'd put two and two together. :sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

There is only one thing I could barely conceivably imagine paying 300 for, and it's not even a film score.

What is it if I may ask?

Some composed music for a 90s magic TV special.

I wouldn't pay anything close to that for some super mega deluxe franchise box set like Indy or (definitely not) SW. I don't remember if the MOH/X-Files boxes were over £100, and if not, the Potter box was my most expensive purchase.

That's crazy. I love music, but I wouldn't think about paying $2000 for something that I already have in barely noticeable quality (to my ears). I understand the desire for the physical CD, but still. It's wishful thinking, but I really hope there's a chance that Disney will see how much it went for and start making plans for complete score releases!

Well, the high price people were willing to pay for this is frightening. The scarcity of the CDs online is probably due to the high collector value it has considering it's Williams' last Star Wars score.