The Rise of Skywalker - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album Discussion

Jay

I don't think they press and send out many at all in this day and age, assuming most voters will use the FYC website to hear it - if they even listen at all before casting their vote

2 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Do these things get sent to the Music Branch members only or to all Academy members?

Their relative rarity would suggest only music branch members. There's 8000 total academy members or so, no way they are spending that much money on such a long shot.

Since the studios now have the digital option, I find it strange that they bother with physical media at all, especially since pressing plants are disappearing (except where they use CD-Rs).

It's the marketing side of the presentation, sending out these items would be expected. Other films have extra forms of memorabilia that accompany things like press packs, booklets etc.

I think a lot of it is psychological - give someone free stuff and they're going to pay more attention to the film.

Besides, the cost to Disney of pressing and mailing out a few thousand CDs/DVDs must be petty cash in comparison to their entire marketing budget.

Then quickly knock out a website with some streaming music to reach everyone else.

Anyone know whether there are rules regarding maximum spending for awards campaigning? While Disney can afford to do pretty much anything, smaller studios won't have that luxury.

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

It's the marketing side of the presentation, sending out these items would be expected. Other films have extra forms of memorabilia that accompany things like press packs, booklets etc.

The academy has banned these long ago. No extra forms of memorabilia can’t be sent to academy members.

You can only send movies or music or screenplays. There can be no marketing on the covers. Just black background and name in white text.

I've had a seller cancel and refund a transaction after I paid because he wasn't happy with the price of the item. There's not much you can do about it either .

Yeah, they're not supposed to. When you cancel the selling of an item, there are only like 3 reasons you can choose from (such as lost item, etc.) and cancelling because they don't like the price is not an option. I'm pretty sure that's against eBay's policy; you should probably contact them if that ever happens again... or at the very least threaten the seller that you're going to report them.

There's another up on eBay...hopefully this one doesn't end up going for 4 figures like the last one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FYC-Star-Wars-Rise-of-the-Skywalker-Academy-CD/223915331382?hash=item342264cf36:g:dKoAAOSww-deSjEe