The Rise of Skywalker - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album Discussion

Jay

They're tagged with the titles so spoilers beware. 

Spoiler

1. Prologue (1:45)
2. Falcon Fight (2:22)
3. We Go Together (2:10)
4. In The Desert (2:26)
5. A Prisoner (1:23)
6. To Kimiji (1:37)
7. Fleeing from Kimiji (1:53)
8. Hallway Shooting (2:11)
9. Hard to Get Rid Of (2:19)
10. Join Me (2:21)
11. The Old Death Star (2:14)
12. Off The Waterfront (1:03)
13. Final Saber Duel (1:38)
14. Healing Wounds (2:49)
15. Advice (1:54)
16. Battle of The Resistance (1:54)
17. Approaching The Throne (4:16)
18. Parents (1:57)
19. Coming Together (1:44)
20. Seeing Sights (3:17)
21. Rescue (1:10)
22. Farewell (4:27)
23. A New Home (1:42)

Tracklist and times. Painfully short cues here. 

1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

How did you get the tracklist? On the Disney Awards site, they are only listed as Track 1, Track 2, etc.

The mp3 files are all tagged once you download them.  Fun fact: Whoever created these used iTunes 12.9.5.5 to encode them.

Somebody's head is going to roll for this. I'm pretty sure this will be taken down shortly.

Lots of short cues, I wonder if they edited out all the statements of prior themes (there must be plenty).

Do I hear that bit from the one clip that's been released in Falcon Flight?

Nice Force Theme statement in We Go Together

4 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Somebody's head is going to roll for this.

I don't think so, after all, Oscar people have to listen to the score before the nominations comes out, right?

On the other hand, this should be exclusively for the voters, and not "easily accessible" (as in "John Williams nerds with too much on their hands refreshing the page until the score comes out") for everyone on the internet. 

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It's 192kbps

Ah that's great! Perfectly acceptable for me. I think TLJ was only 160kbps IIRC.

Is there noticeable editing?

3 minutes ago, NL197 said:

Downloaded the whole thing in less than a minute. It's not even 70MB. 

I guess if one wants the academy members to actually listen to the FYC, it would be an advantage that it's not a long presentation.

I looked over the tracklist before submitting my main post. There's no spoilers.  If you disagree, feel free to stay out of this thread until after you've seen the film.  We're not going to discuss this album without using the titles of the tracks we're talking about.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

So first impressions? Lots of new themes?

Not really, as far as where I got, but lots of performances of the ST's and OT's themes (specially Imperial March and Emperor's theme)

Also: just heard track 13 "Final Lightsaber Duel", and it doesn't contain neither Duel of the Fates or Battle of the Heroes, and actually the choir is nowhere to be found :( . Also, the final lightsaber duel of the movie will last only  1 minute 40 seconds, wth?

This is pretty great stuff and it's probably what, only 1/3 of all music recorded?  Wow!

Just realized I don't think I've heard Rey's Theme yet?

2 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Not really, as far as where I got, but lots of performances of the ST's and OT's themes (specially Imperial March and Emperor's theme)

So more TLJ than TFA then? Meaning more reworked material than new stuff?

It is interesting that there's no version of the End Credits arrangement, though, whereas both the TFA and TLJ FYCs had them. Perhaps it's another Binary Sunset arrangement followed by the TFA End Credits opening and every theme in the End Credits Suite is a reprisal of themes from the entire Saga. I wonder if it'll be like ROTS in that respect.

Some cool elegiac and somber violins (think Redcoats on the Farm, Burning the Plantation, The Parish Church Aflame) on T15 Advice, and some fantastic action writing on T16 Battle of the Resistance, perfectly mixing the Williams from the 70s/80s with the one from TLJ.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Why is everyone so impatient to have final conclusions?  This is a new John Williams Star Wars score!  Enjoy getting to know it as its own beast!

Because perhaps we aren't all able to listen to it now?

Without listening, it doesn’t look like there’s an end credits suite in the FYC. Wonder if that suggests they omitted it because it will be mostly reused material a la ROTS and therefore not eligible for Academy consideration.

Just now, Taikomochi said:

Without listening, it doesn’t look like there’s an end credits suite in the FYC. Wonder if that suggests they omitted it because it will be mostly reused material a la ROTS and therefore not eligible for Academy consideration.

Most likely the case. With no finale, I think that Williams is using Binary Sunset to end the film again (which will make 4 of his Star Wars scores in a row)

1 minute ago, Taikomochi said:

It could suggest that, or they could still be mastering it so haven't uploaded it to the website yet