The Rise of Skywalker - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album Discussion

Jay

Or there could be new academy rules stipulating that albums must only contain underscore from the main film, and not end credits suites.  Who knows.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE CHOIR FINALLY APPEARED!!! :woop::lovethis:

4:06 on Approaching the Throne has some choir slightly reminiscent of the Dementors on the lake scene from Prisoner of Azkaban, while Parents has some tragic choir material similar to Anakin's Betrayal.

1 minute ago, ATXHusker said:

Love the last bit of Falcon Flight with the callback to Luke in the trench run destroying the 1st DS!

You worded it better than me!  I was just so anxious to spit out the words into this thread!

Wow it's going to be so interesting comparing the FYC to the OST having heard the FYC *first* for once.

Just now, Jay said:

Ooooh Battle of the Resistance has such a classic JW action track opening!

Those trumpet players have superhuman tongues!

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

This is pretty great stuff and it's probably what, only 1/3 of all music recorded?  Wow!

Just realized I don't think I've heard Rey's Theme yet?

It shows up in To Kimjii at 1:11  :)

Just finished listening. Assuming "Farewell" and "A New Home" will be on the official OST, I can see they becoming fan favorites. The finale of Farewell, actually, has some Hook vibes (?).

And, if A New Home is indeed the finale of the movie (before the end credits), well... there's no Binary Sunset to close it out, and the score ends on a more misterious, enigmatic note, that reminded me of Chamber of Secrets, or The Birth of the Twins.

Second half seems to flow much better, dramatically, than either TFA or TLJ  (though one wonders *what* exactly they did cut out). The new theme is reminiscent of that first 'Amazing Stories' episode with the ghost train, just that it's better utilized here.

The abundance of emperor material is disheartening, though. The movie's just the same old shit repackaged, as was expected. And it probably will be more successful for it.

Huh, that new theme ending Farewell reminds me of something, not sure what...

A New Home is an interesting way to end an album....

OK wow, first listen through!

Disappointed to see it looks like some of you guys skipped around.  I listened to the whole thing in order the first time!

I guess tracks 13 and 16-21 are from the climax of the movie. Farewell is the aftermath of the battle, and A New Home is the ending scene - although why the movie ends on such a misterious note, instead of something more "hopeful" lol, well, that remains to be seen.

3 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

although why the movie ends on such a misterious note, instead of something more "hopeful" lol, well, that remains to be seen.

Just now, Drew said:

Maybe JJ is doing more "mystery box" stuff at the end, lol.

I have a feeling this is actually the next to last cue of the film.

So, traditionally the end credits for SW movies open with the fanfare (Luke's theme) and then go to a performance of the main new theme for the movie. But do you guys have a clue on what will be this theme for the end credits of TROS? Because nothing of that much importance came to me... And it's weird that, on the FYC, they would ommit performances of new themes.

I shudder to think that JJ "Nostalgia Man" Abrams asked Williams to simply rerecord the end titles for ANH or something.

1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

So, traditionally the end credits for SW movies open with the fanfare (Luke's theme) and then go to a performance of the main new theme for the movie. But do you guys have a clue on what will be this theme for the end credits of TROS? Because nothing of that much importance came to me... And it's weird that, on the FYC, they would ommit performances of new themes.

I shudder to think that JJ "Nostalgia Man" Abrams asked Williams to simply rerecord the end titles for ANH or something.

Apparently the End Titles will contain several themes from all the films. It most likely starts out with a Binary Sunset arrangement because why break the mold now? Possibly why it's not here is the reuse of those themes.

Started the album over again

That new Emperor's Theme variation at 0:20 of Falcon Flight is so cool!

BTW, am I right in thinking there are no prequel themes on this album, only original and sequel trilogy themes?

Just now, Jay said:

Started the album over again

That new Emperor's Theme variation at 0:20 of Falcon Flight is so cool!

BTW, am I right in thinking there are no prequel themes on this album, only original and sequel trilogy themes?

Definitely don't hear anything PT here either.