Blade Runner - Live To Projection concerts (premiered October 2019 in London)

Jay

BladeRunnerLive2019-RAH-Main-1030x579.jp

Blade Runner Live – World premiere in concert in London – Royal Albert Hall

/in Concerts, News

On Friday, October 25th, the world premiere of Ridley Scott’s multi Academy Award-nominated cult classic movie, Blade Runner (2007 Final Cut) will be projected on a vast HD screen at the Royal Albert Hall in London (UK), while Vangelis’ synthesizer-led score is performed live by The Avex Ensemble, for the first time in sync with the 1982 motion picture.

Tickets are already available for Royal Albert Hall Fiends, and tomorrow Friday, March 22nd at 9h, the sales will open for the general public (prices 34-80 GBP / 39-93 €):

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2019/blade-runner-live

https://soundtrackfest.com/en/news/blade-runner-live-world-premiere-in-concert-in-london-royal-albert-hall/

Did any JWFanners attend this?

On 12/11/2019 at 5:33 PM, Jay said:

I did actually have a ticket to this Jason (one of the cheapest ones in the circle), but I could not go in the end as it was on the same evening as the European premiere of Eric Whitacre's The Sacred Veil at St. John's Smith Square, which I wanted to go to slightly more.  Sorry that's not much help.

I believe the same ensemble will be performing The Terminator live in concert at the same venue next year and I too am curious to hear how well they match the sound of Brad Fiedel's original, in this case.  The composer himself will be attending, so I would assume he has some faith in their abilities to replicate the sound of the original.

• 3 years later...