Which music you absolutely can't stand?

Edmilson

Is there any music, songs, scores, cues, etc., that you hate with a burning passion? That just listening to the first seconds makes you so angry that you want to throw your phone on the wall, yell, steal a lollipop from a child?

Post it here and let's be mad together!

Firstly, I really FUCKING HATE Maroon 5. This song of theirs, and Adam Levine's whiny voice, is absolutely unbearable to me. If I was arrested by the CIA, they could use it to torture me that I would say everything I know in less than a minute:

This one is also like fingers on a chalkboard:

I can't stand this one either, but I find its lyrics funny. It says something like "I've got no roots but my home", and I for some reason understood it as "I've got no use for my balls", and since the singer is a woman, it all made everything more WTF.

Country hounddog christmas songs. 

Kelly Pickler? Makes my blood squirt out of my eyes and ears

49 minutes ago, Gurkensalat said:

Everything rap and hiphop

Rap music used to be kinda good & fun in the Seventies and the early Eighties. Today it's hideous. 

47 minutes ago, Holko said:

Same, plus whiny "i won't even open my mouth" contemporary pop.

Everything in the hit charts is bad. I feel sorry for the kids who have to listen to such unadventurous music. 

50 minutes ago, Jay said:

Country music

You also hate Disco.

3 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Rap was around in the 70's?

Thankfully I missed it.

Let me guess, when it comes to Rock or Pop, you only like Elvis? Right?

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Jay doesn't like me? :crymore:

He loves you! In fact, he sees a little bit of him in you. 

I love late 80s/early-to-mid 90s hip hop from A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Gang Starr/Guru, MC Solaar, Fugees/Lauryn Hill.  More recent hip hop in the style of, like, Drake I find very distasteful.

Most contemporary pop is rather bad.  A lot of pop has been bad through the years, but there's this oppressive, compressed sameness to the pop/rap/poprap/whatever else that rules the charts these days.

Not big on rap or hip hop.

Detest the modern type of country music which is becoming just cheesy cowboy and cowgirl wannabees awkward warbling or rapping about booze and pickup trucks. 

Hate death metal and other types of hard metal

K-pop is pathetic.  It can lull the listener into stupidity and out of touch with reality , and the industry is like a kind of slavery for the performers involved.

6 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Let me guess, when it comes to Rock or Pop, you only like Elvis? Right?

You so stoopid. 😄😄😄

You couldn't guess right if you held an answer card in your hand. 

Elvis is okay. You do realize I was born and raised in Elvis country. He is basically a God where I live. But I do not own any Elvis music other than whats on Time Life's Christmas collection.

Not a fan of say Kurt Cobain but unlike Kurt I do not hate him.

I don't like rap but I don't hate it, except when its vulgarities which some here find totally acceptable. 

I like Pop. To say pop is bad is to say the Beatles are Bad, or thaf Elton or Queen is bad. Is Michael Jackson Bad. Damn straight he is. Madonna must be bad because her songs were popular. That is logical.

2 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Detest the modern type of country music which is becoming just cheesy cowboy and cowgirl wannabees awkward warbling or rapping about booze and pickup trucks. 

The farther country gets from folk/blues/jazz roots, the more I don't like it, generally.  But I love a lot of country music.

25 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Everything in the hit charts is bad. I feel sorry for the kids who have to listen to such unadventurous music. 

Apparently, kids these days™ listen basically to those Korean androgynous singers. Thanks to the fangirls, Twitter today is basically a hellhole on which every discussion is filled with gifs of korean people dancing.

(I mean, Twitter always have been a hellhole, but anyway)

Curiously, the girls are fanatic for this type of music, but they apparently don't care about the endless work hours the artists have to endure.

1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

Apparently, kids these days™ listen basically to those Korean androgynous singers. Thanks to the fangirls, Twitter today is basically a hellhole on which every discussion is filled with gifs of korean people dancing.

Something like this?

I love Jimmie Rodgers, basically the first Country music star.  New Orleans jazz/blues meets hillbilly folk.

I also love the usual suspects like Hank Williams, Dolly Parton, the Carter family, Johnny Cash, etc.

As an Arkansan it is required by law to love Johnny Cash and Glenn Campbell.  And I do.

Johnny Cash's music can be astonishing.

6 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Something like this?

Well, that's my wanking material sorted, for tonight. Thanks, Alex.

2 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Who could hate The Eagles? Who?!

The Dude! :lol:

1 minute ago, Alexcremers said:

What about Country Rock? Who could hate The Eagles? Who?!

They're good.  I really like these guys, though, more on the country side than rock, but solid harmonies

Oh, and k-pop fans are obsessive.  The seem to think that these performers are superior to all other musical artists in all of history, without realizing that they are just depressed lookalike puppets of their corporate handlers.

14 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

12 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The farther country gets from folk/blues/jazz roots, the more I don't like it, generally.  But I love a lot of country music.

Lol, it's funny, here where I live basically the same thing happened.

Our country music is called "sertanejo", named after the people who lived on the countryside of the Northeastern region of the country. On its beginnings, the music was more about life on the farms, leaving to the town, falling in love, etc. 

However, since the 90s the style became more and more pop and cheesy. These days, the lyrics basically revolve about a lover being betrayed by his/her partner and then drinking a lot.

So, we went from this:

and this

To this:

The lyrics for chorus of this last one basically say: 

"I don't know if I hit her face (the prostitute the lover's singer is with) or yours
But I'm not here to spoil your night of pleasure
And to pay the lady that is satisfying you
Here's about 50 reais (our currency)"

10 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

They're good.  I really like these guys, though, more on the country side than rock, but solid harmonies

Not bad, it's melodic and melancholic (which is precisely what Country music is) but still a bit too much of that Country feel for me.

Oof. "mulatós" (jolly/partying/fun - which is really just gipsy/folk masquerading as something more), especially when mixed with electronics.

Absolutely vile.

I have a pretty wide taste in music, so there isn't much I "don't stand". Film music fans tend to pick rap/hip hop and country music as their least favourite, but there's a lot of good stuff here too. Old-school rap like Grandmaster Flash or Run DMC or Sugar Hill Gang, for example. Or 'whiskey & cigar'-type country music like Johnny Cash or Patsy Cline. It's not all Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson.

I'm pretty much off the map in terms of pop music after the 90s, especially 'chart music' and teenage pop. I've never been a big fan of 90s indiepop; very "samey" with the same basic note throughout. And I was never into grunge. Not then, not now. And then there are other bits and bobs I don't care for. But in general, I'm very open to all kinds of music, and tend to go from ABBA to Penderecki to Rammstein to Händel within the span of a day. :)

30 minutes ago, Thor said:

But in general, I'm very open to all kinds of music, and tend to go from ABBA to Penderecki to Rammstein to Händel within the span of a day. :)

Oh, yeah, I just remembered: I'm not a fan of ABBA. I used to like one or two songs, but in general... it's not something I like.

Dancing Queen, specially, which for me it's probably a great contender for the award for most annoying song ever made.

5 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

With so much bad and annoying music going on today

It's because most of the annoying pop music that is coming out today, like k-pop, Cardi B, Harry Styles, or whatever is teenage girls listen to these days, I just don't care about it. It's not a style of music that I like, so I don't listen to it, or try to know what people like today.

And also, it doesn't help that pop music shifts very very fast. Stuff that people liked in 2017 may not be as listened to as in 2019. I stopped trying to keep up with the music world almost a decade ago, when Black Eyed Peas was still a thing and girls were crazy about Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers and those singers that came out of Disney Channel. I mean, do people even listen to Eminem and Justin Bieber these days?

I searched the Grammy nominates a few days ago and they were like:

$$$xxDaHMonstaH feat Khalil Fohrnya and OldBoi37 - Ya Poossey Is Mine (remix)

ABBA's music, on the other hand, has become iconic - which is good for you that like it, but bad for me. So, while I don't know most of the crappy music being made today, Dancing Queen can't get off my head, as much as I tried too.

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of death metal or other extreme variants, but I like many other types of metal. As I said earlier, Rammstein is one of my alltime favourite bands.

46 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

ABBA's music, on the other hand, has become iconic - which is good for you that like it, but bad for me. So, while I don't know most of the crappy music being made today, Dancing Queen can't get off my head, as much as I tried too.

You just gotta listen to it more! :)

Tbh, when I'm working, I spend most of my hours listening to adult contemporary radios. It's the perfectly bland and harmless music to be a sonic wallpaper while I focus on posting on JWFan my work. 

When I listen to scores, on the other hand, I like to pay attention to the details, the orchestration, maybe reading the liner notes or a review to discover new perspectives about the music and what the composer intended, and that's a little difficult on the office, with people calling, talking, your boss demanding spreadsheets, reunions, etc. Only when it's a very urgent ocasion, like when a score I can't wait to hear leaks (like a few days ago, lol) that I open an exception.

So yeah, most adult contemporary is harmless stuff. But sometimes, the radio plays a few songs that manage to get in my nerves. It's stuff like the ones I posted on the first post, and this hugely annoying French (?) music:

Beware: once you listen to the god-awful chorus, it'll be impossible to get out of your head for a few days.