Which music you absolutely can't stand?

Edmilson

I know what you mean. I put the two songs side-by-side: they are identical, the same vacuous, mid-tempo, fawning post-teenage bollocks. 

Every time the chubby oik sings "I came across...", I want to sing "...a cache of old photos, and invitations to teenage parties" (a much better lyric, from an infinitely superior song).

• 5 months later...

You know I can't stand modern hit parade music but I heard this today in another supermarket and I actually thought it was rather okay-ish.

What about that, huh?

(still dislike the autotune and the male robot voice)

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this today in the supermarket, and believe it or not, I still live to tell about it.

:pukeface: Yes, I post these things to show you people hunting for food has become a real challenge.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:05 AM, Arpy said:

Anything used in advertising. Fuck that shit. Lame ass pop or rock/techno shit that was probably good at one point, but now lives on to sell shit on TV and YouTube. Even genuinely good music is degraded by being associated with a car or a cat, or a drink, or some piece of crap.

Did I mention I hate ads and if I were gifted the world's only time machine, I would go back in time and murder the marketing and advertising employees?

All that corporate, “inspirational” music that’s played in ads and promotional videos just makes me sick.

2 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

One of the few things I miss about FSM, is ridiculing metal heads - they had a whole thread devoted to this " music"- including those abominable album covers!😛😁😵

"Metal heads"? You mean Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Sabbath, Motörhead, and the like?

18 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I'm sorry if I appear I to be ignorant, but I will not listen to people who shout at me.

In this case, you should really listen to these.:yes:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/sheds-need-love-too-meet-2797326

Harmless eccentric or attention-seeking pain in the arse depending on your point of view ... but imagine the relief when he finally moves out of earshot.  

Most music leading the charts here are what we call "sertanejo" (similar to US's country music and also close to mexican music) and gospel songs for the Christians.

Here's an example of a sertanejo song, if you want to try it:

"Throbbing Gristle" and anything that sounds like it.

Also whenever I hear "oh oh oh oh oh oooohhhh" in a pop song I turn the radio off IMMEDIATELY.

11 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

"Metal heads"? You mean Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Sabbath, Motörhead, and the like?

and SPINAL TAP.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:07 AM, Thor said:

I have a pretty wide taste in music, so there isn't much I "don't stand". Film music fans tend to pick rap/hip hop and country music as their least favourite, but there's a lot of good stuff here too. Old-school rap like Grandmaster Flash or Run DMC or Sugar Hill Gang, for example. Or 'whiskey & cigar'-type country music like Johnny Cash or Patsy Cline. It's not all Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson.

I AGREE with Thor!

Again!!!!!!!!! 😄

6 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

and SPINAL TAP.

I AGREE with Thor!

Again!!!!!!!!! 😄

Spïnal Tap is a joke. Literally. They are also very good musicians.

6 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Wasn't this thread in the Other Topics subforum?

...and it will be, again, that's the beauty of it.

6 hours ago, Loert said:

"Throbbing Gristle" and anything that sounds like it.

Throbbing Gristle aren't bad.

10 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Wasn't this thread in the Other Topics subforum?

Yes, but since it's about music*, Jay is correct to put it in this forum.

* Whether it's truly music or a torture device is up for debate, of course. I sometimes wonder how these supermarket employees are able to hang in there. 

11 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

I AGREE with Thor!

Again!!!!!!!!! 😄

That's good, but we obviously part ways in other genres. If the choice is between the rap/hip hop/country artists I mentioned, and prog rock/art rock or EDM on the other side, I'll always go for the latter. You, of course, notoriously dislike prog rock.

6 hours ago, Thor said:

That's good, but we obviously part ways in other genres. If the choice is between the rap/hip hop/country artists I mentioned, and prog rock/art rock or EDM on the other side, I'll always go for the latter. You, of course, notoriously dislike prog rock.

I like PINK FLOYD....THE NICE...ENO...ELO...

48 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I like PINK FLOYD....THE NICE...ENO...ELO...

Well, that's a start!

3 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Such as..?

Oh God, EDM is a vast a category as 'film music', really. Personally, I gravitate towards 90s house and trance, as well as psytrance/goa. Some favourites include Paul Oakenfold, Max Graham, DJ Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Juno Reactor, Infected Mushroom, Shpongle (although they also do a lot of ambient), Orbital, Underworld and on and on and on.

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Well, that's a start!

Oh God, EDM is a vast a category as 'film music', really. Personally, I gravitate towards 90s house and trance, as well as psytrance/goa. Some favourites include Paul Oakenfold, Max Graham, DJ Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Juno Reactor, Infected Mushroom, Shpongle (although they also do a lot of ambient), Orbital, Underworld and on and on and on.

How do you like more modern stuff, for example, Fuck Buttons, Rone, Matmos, Hercules and Love Affair? What about 90s sounds like The Orb, and TackHead?

It's not dance, but do you like Godspeed You Black Emperor?