Williams in Tanglewood in 2020

ricsim88

Yeah that was really cool to see! I hope there will be more JW coming!

I wonder though - when were these interviews w/ JW recorded? Surely not this month, right?  

1 hour ago, Will said:

Yeah that was really cool to see! I hope there will be more JW coming!

I wonder though - when were these interviews w/ JW recorded? Surely not this month, right?  

Yeah hopefully!

I asked myself the same. He looks a bit younger to me in this interview. Maybe they happened a few years ago.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It's a professionally recorded interview with lighting and sound.  Obviously the interview didn't happen during the pandemic, JW is staying at home!

Right, that's why I assumed it must have been recorded earlier. Maybe sometime in the 2000s the Pops decided to record interviews with key figures for potential use later. 

Just now, Will said:

Right, that's why I assumed it must have been recorded earlier. Maybe sometime in the 2000s the Pops decided to record interviews with key figures for potential use later. 

It came up with a rating in the top left corner, so did it already air on TV at some point?  Is it going to?  But yeah, seems like the interview is from a number of years ago

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It came up with a rating in the top left corner, so did it already air on TV at some point?  Is it going to?  But yeah, seems like the interview is from a number of years ago

Good point - I noticed the rating too and was a little confused. 

Unfortunately, the Pops has posted the second episode of the series and it is virtually entirely about Lockhart's tenure, with only a few small glimpses of JW:

• 2 months later...

Free stream available: https://www.bso.org/brands/tanglewood/features/2020-tanglewood-season/the-best-of-tanglewood-on-parade.aspx

Around the 1 hour mark, JW conducts "Hymn to the Fallen" and 3 pieces from Hook (at a concert in, I believe, the late 1990s). I believe the Hook part has been available on YouTube for a while but I'd never seen the "Hymn to the Fallen" footage, which was very nice. 

One of his best pieces to see live!

He played Hymn to the Fallen and Dry Your Tears Afrika back to back in 2014 at the BSO Film Night and it was absolutely incredible.