As of 12/2019, your most wanted JG/JH/AS...

Expansion / C&C

Premiere

Straight re-issue

Mine:

Supergirl / Willow / The Polar Express

The Public Eye (rejected) / Volunteers / Long Kiss Goodnight (that one short cue on the song album does not count) ;)

MacArthur / Thunderheart / Reindeer Games (I missed the Music Box when it was available)

Not a popular grail item, but I'd like a legit expanded version of Rudy. Beyond that, I'm happy to keep collecting Goldsmith bottlecaps as they come.

From Horner, I want expansions of The Land Before Time and AVATAR. I'd also really like a new recording of the complete score for Battle Beyond the Stars.

I don't need anything from Silvestri.

3 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

Not a popular grail item, but I'd like a legit expanded version of Rudy. Beyond that, I'm happy to keep collecting Goldsmith bottlecaps as they come.

From Horner, I want expansions of The Land Before Time. I'd also really like a new recording of the complete score for Battle Beyond the Stars.

same here.

For Horner, I actually did a thread on FSM about his remaining unreleased titles. His concert work "Spectral Shimmers" has always been high on the want list; it's being performed next year in concert, but I don't believe a recording is planned. So that, in addition to his rejected ROMEO & JULIET, I guess.

Beyond that, I have no particular desire for anything to be released by these guys, other than to cheer on any attempts to release scores that have no album whatsoever.

Besides, my first priority would be to get what is already out there that I do not own, and that I'm interested in acquiring. I'm not a completist of any of them, but they're obviously favourites, so I have a sizeable collection of each (especially if I also include those albums that I have in file format). I have 28 Silvestris, 71 Horners and 60 Goldsmiths. My 'wish list' is thus relatively small.

19 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

From Horner, I want expansions of The Land Before Time and AVATAR. I'd also really like a new recording of the complete score for Battle Beyond the Stars.

Believe me, I tried listening to the bootleg recording sessions of Avatar, and it was such a slog to get through. It has amazing moments (some of which are not on the OST), but Horner got so excited with creating the musical language of Pandora that he apparently recorded A LOT of exotic music for the Na'Vi. It's impressively done and I like the huge research he has done, but, unless you like listening for lots of music by the native people of America, it's a very hard score to listen on its complete form.

So, for him, I would like to see expanded Willow and The Land Before Time. I feel that I will like these scores more once I hear them in complete form.

And for Silvestri, an expanded Van Helsing would be great. One of the funnier scores he's ever written, with his traditional style of action music and lots of gothic choir.

For Goldsmith, maybe US Marshalls, Medicine Man and Mulan.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Believe me, I tried listening to the bootleg recording sessions of Avatar, and it was such a slog to get through. It has amazing moments (some of which are not on the OST), but Horner got so excited with creating the musical language of Pandora that he apparently recorded A LOT of exotic music for the Na'Vi. It's impressively done and I like the huge research he has done, but, unless you like listening for lots of music by the native people of America, it's a very hard score to listen on its complete form.

As far as AVATAR goes, it’s bold of you to assume that I haven’t heard an expanded bootleg or four myself. I know what the complete score is like and personally, I do not consider it a slog or a “very hard listen.”

Well, to each his own. I think the exotic music is impressively done, but, since I personally don't have much familiarity with this kind of music, it kinda makes it hard to get to the parts I like (Becoming One with the People, Gathering the Clans to Battle, The Destruction of the Hometree, etc).

But I wouldn't be against an expanded Avatar, actually - that is, assuming it can be done (the movie is from 2009, so post-2005). Horner recorded hours of music and lots of alternates for Cameron, who then made a mess while putting the score on film (like tracking Destruction of the Hometree on the final battle). Then, a C+C would be interesting.

4 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Mulan / nothing / nothing

Lionheart / nothing / nothing

The Other / nothing / nothing

Shit, I forgot about Mulan.

Goldsmith:

Expansion: Love Field — an underrated score in general, and we don’t even know how much was recorded but went unused in the movie or on album! Read Intrada’s Doug and Roger’s comments in this thread:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7704&sid=40fa95c241d7fb58b8fcdca439c8be16

Premiere: Babe (unused score)— he wrote most of the score but did not record it. Every cue he wrote survives in the Academy archives and could be used to produce a premiere recording:

babescore.jpg

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=138063&forumID=1&archive=0

Reissue: the 37 minute MCA Masada LP recording, one of his greatest unique album recordings (though I am grateful to Intrada for the fantastic full original recording as well). The Varese CD reissue of this is long out of print and pricey, and has multiple mastering issues which could be fixed in a remastered reissue.

James Horner:

Expansion: does Brainstorm count, considering the film recording is actually totally unreleased? All that’s been released is the unique album recording by Varese, but like Rozsa’s Eye of the Needle they also have exclusive rights to release the as-yet-unreleased film recording, which is also fantastic. I’m still hoping for a Deluxe Edition of this with both.

If it doesn’t count, then probably Willow or The Land Before Time. I would say the Zorro scores but I haven’t looked into what’s missing from them.

Premiere: Romeo & Juliet... but also very much hoping Intrada can finally make Volunteers happen

Reissue: I dunno...maybe The Rocketeer?

Alan Silvestri: I’m not the biggest Silvestri fan in general, but I would definitely buy Mouse Hunt: The Deluxe Edition. That score is absolutely delightful. :)

4 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Mulan / nothing / nothing

Lionheart / nothing / nothing

The Other / nothing / nothing

Which is which? I hope you’re not wanting a reissue of The Other — that puppy needs an expansion! Half or more is unreleased and it’s all great stuff.

Yavar

6 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Premiere: Romeo & Juliet..

Yes, please! I would love the premiere release of Horner's Romeo & Juliet, although it is unclear if he recorded the whole stuff, or just parts of it before being kicked in the butt.

Expanded scores/small labels experts, please answer me: what are the odds of a release of Horner's R&J actually happening? Yeah, it is an unheard work by a well known and beloved composer, but the movie was a critical and box office bomb. So, what are the chances of someone releasing this?

49 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Reissue: the 37 minute MCA Masada LP recording, one of his greatest unique album recordings (though I am grateful to Intrada for the fantastic full original recording as well). The Varese CD reissue of this is long out of print and pricey, and has multiple mastering issues which could be fixed in a remastered reissue.

Yes!

50 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Which is which? I hope you’re not wanting a reissue of The Other — that puppy needs an expansion! Half or more is unreleased and it’s all great stuff.

Mulan for expansion, Lionheart for reissue and The Other for premiere (release on its own). Damnation Alley has been considered a premiere release, so this is one too.

14 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Reissue: I dunno...maybe The Rocketeer?

Yavar

Intrada has that listed as Temporarily Out of Stock on their site, but it's been so long they might as well treat it as a re-issue (along with Who Framed Roger Rabbit).