Now that The Towering Inferno has been released by LLL, what is the most valuable JW title?

I don't know; I would need to research prices on the secondary market. Maybe something like THE EIGER SANCTION or titles like that, which have had no reissue. Or some old, OOP FSM titles.

9 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

JFK. 

Really? I have two copies that I can barely give away.

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

Eiger Sanction, Valley of the Dolls

Interesting, I have both of these. I think Eiger will arrive in a C&C presentation pretty soon now that Uni is being mined.

5 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Several offers on Amazon, five of them for less than 5€ and seven of them for less than 20€.

OK I misunderstood the question.

In that case, The Eiger Sanction!

• 2 weeks later...

So, assuming I get it - the question is about the most valuable released JW album.

Eiger is a good one.

Maybe the Sinfonietta for Wind Ensemble? Hard to find on CD from Japan. US LP is more available though.

Checkmate/Rhythm in Motion is out of print. I don't see any copies on eBay at the moment, and Amazon shows one for $70 or so - more than Eiger.   

3 hours ago, theMaestraX said:

JFK or Eiger.

It's not JFK

Discogs:

IMG_20191224_091640.jpg

Amazon US:

IMG_20191224_091855.jpg

Me:

IMG_20191224_0922325~2.jpg

On 12/15/2019 at 11:19 PM, Bespin said:

We never guess right, why do you continue? You want us to ridiculize ourselves again and again?

image.jpg

On 12/15/2019 at 8:39 PM, JTWfan77 said:

So what is the most anyone here would be willing to pay for an OOP Williams title?

A dollar.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, Amer said:

I think the recent AI from LLL is going to be re valued very high since it sold out. Solid expansion album, Ill have to say.

Funny, I've got a spare copy of that. :)

I like to  think that over time there have have been some Williams scores that through either us being familiar with them or perhaps later on discovering by sheer accident make them worthy of potential reissue let alone expansion. 

I'd  cite FSMs generally considered  superb 3CD edition of "Goodbye Mr. Chips" that MM did back in 2006. I've only seen the movie once thoroughly enjoying it, and had the privilege of hearing the soundtrack just once also but fell short of procuring it at the time for reasons that now elude me.   That's one of his works that should have remained in print circulation. Certainly I'd welcome the chance to purchase it for my private collection as a JW aficionado, but definitely not at the exorbitant prices that it seems to command on eBay etc.  

My general consensus here is that a lot of the maestro's work is released and then gone almost too quickly it seems.  This isn't exclusive to JW of course, it happens to all composers, regardless of their popularity.  From a historical perspective it's hard for fans to keep up. 

On 12/16/2019 at 4:39 AM, JTWfan77 said:

So what is the most anyone here would be willing to pay for an OOP Williams title?

The most I would ever be willing to spend on a CD is probably 100 Euro. 

Over the years, I spent that much (each) on the OST albums of Jaws 2, Dracula, The Poseidon Adventure, and The Eiger Sanction. 

It's still frequently cheaper to buy a used CD than to buy a digital album. The latter has never come down in price since digital downloads became a thing.

The CD of TLJ that arrived a few days ago cost me £3 new. I'd pay 2-3 times that price for the digital album.

For older albums, where you find a marketplace listing for 1p + P&P or a digital download for £, there's no contest.

Looks like the Indy box set is OOP, although the individual CD reissues are still in print. So I guess disc 5 Interviews and More Music from Indiana Jones is now valuable. It doesn't seem to be streaming.