The Rise of Skywalker Red Carpet Premiere Live Stream

Jay

Long have we waited. As we celebrate this monumental moment in Star Wars film history, the release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, StarWars.com will send off the Skywalker saga in style with a red carpet livestream, with moments powered on Verizon 5G.

Visit StarWars.com on December 16 at 5:30 p.m. PT for exclusive red carpet coverage and interviews as The Star Wars Show broadcasts live from the world premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in Los Angeles. Join co-hosts Andi Gutierrez and Anthony Carboni for this very special event honoring the legacy of the Skywalker saga, with exciting new interviews from the talented cast and creators honored to bring this epic journey to a close.

Once again, fans watching from home can join in the fun, sharing thoughts and opinions on social with #SWSRedCarpet and #TheRiseofSkywalker, including text and video submissions that may appear on the livestream Fan Cam. There will also be interactive polls and other surprises.

The saga will end. The story lives forever.

That's about 6 hours, 20 minutes from now.  If I'm not around when the stream starts, someone reply with the link/embed and report on what music you hear!

It's possible they might just play the entire OST as a music bed under the whole thing!

It's also possible it can just be old OSTs and generic other stuff...

Do the celebs that go to these premieres actually sit down and watch the film together, or is it more of a social event for some who then proceed to leave after they've given their press interviews on the red carpet? I mean, does Williams actually go in and watch the film?

Also, interesting to see that Ludwig Göransson is also on the guest list for tonight, obviously because of THE MANDALORIAN; wonder if he'll interact with JW at all.

3 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Also, interesting to see that Ludwig Göransson is also on the guest list for tonight, obviously because of THE MANDALORIAN; wonder if he'll interact with JW at all.

Where did you see the guest list?

And is this going to livestream on YouTube? 

11 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Do the celebs that go to these premieres actually sit down and watch the film together, or is it more of a social event for some who then proceed to leave after they've given their press interviews on the red carpet? I mean, does Williams actually go in and watch the film?

I think some do, some don't. For a lot of the cast and crew the premiere is their first opportunity to see it, and certainly with a full audience unaffiliated with the movie so they might stay for the whole fun of that experience, whether or not they've gotten to see it beforehand. 

Mark Ruffalo infamously forgot to turn off his live Instagram stream for like half an hour while watching Thor: Ragnorok at the premiere. And I remember in the LOTR docs Elijah Wood mentioned that the world premiere was actually Peter Jackson's first time watching Return of the King from beginning to end.

Assholes are putting spoilers in the live comments! Make sure you disable them if you want to stay spoiler-free (they just wrecked something big for me, hopefully it's just a rumour and not necessarily true). 

Man, some people are absolute fuckwits.