26 members have voted

1. 1. What is the OST runtime?

• 78+ minutes
    • 76-77 minutes
    • 74-75 minutes
    • 72-73 minutes
    • 70-71 minutes
    • <70 minutes
  2. 2. Is Main Title included on the album?

3. 3. Is Main Title just the TFA recording again?

4. 4. How long is the final track?

5. 5. What is the final theme heard on the album, not including athematic fanfares that might close the credits suite?

6. 6. Is Dies Irae heard anywhere on the soundtrack?

7. 7. Will this REALLY be the final Star Wars poll Crumbs makes?

8. 8. Will all this anticipation be for nothing, and the score won't actually drop when everyone expects it to?

• Nah, it'll happen as expected
    • Yep, it actually won't turn up for hours (maybe even midnight US time)
  9. 9. How many tracks will there be?

10. 10. Is the cue in track 1 actually the first cue in the film (like TFA/TLJ/ROTS) or something from elsewhere in the narrative (like TPM/AOTC)?

• Yes, it's the opening cue (potentially microedited)
    • No, it's something else
  11. 11. Will the chronological tracklist drop before the soundtrack appears on Apple Music?

12. 12. How much of the FYC music is represented on the OST?

• <20 minutes
    • 20-30 minutes
    • 30-40 minutes
    • 40-50 minutes
    • 50+ minutes

This poll is closed to new votes

So if my calculations are correct and the TROS OST drops on the NZ Apple Music store at 10pm AEST, that leaves us less than a hour to poll the room on the final ever questions for a brand new John Williams Star Wars score.

So here goes! Quick and easy, no spoilers, just OST-related questions because (miraculously) we're still none the wiser on the contents of the OST.

I've avoided questions relating to track titles because I believe these have leaked (but the chronology is unknown). Please DO NOT POST TRACK TITLES in this thread.

I'm expecting more "generic" Star Wars dressing/underscore for 80% of this score, but I'll just be content to have a couple of new concert arrangements to listen to and perhaps one decent new setpiece cue at long last (something the new scores have been sorely lacking in). 

no I expect the worst so I'll be relieved if it's better than expected

But none of JW's Star Wars OST's have been very good and the hunt for unreleased music always starts after one OST listen

Technically, isn't the Dies Irae already in The Big Theme at the end? E.g. Farewell 3:50 ;) I mean, more broadly, you could argue that entire theme is a major mode variation/expansion of the Dies Irae.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The number of tracks is a spoiler now?

Yes! I don't even want to know if Williams, Giacchino or Desplat scored the movie until I see it!

Meanwhile, on other matters, congrats to these clever people who correctly predicted the score wouldn't turn up at midnight AUS time:

7V7xDJS.png

Looks like I can't re-open the poll and reset the deadline until midnight US time :(

12 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Yes! I don't even want to know if Williams, Giacchino or Desplat scored the movie until I see it!

Meanwhile, on other matters, congrats to these clever people who correctly predicted the score wouldn't turn up at midnight AUS time:

7V7xDJS.png

Looks like I can't re-open the poll and reset the deadline until midnight US time :(

I am smart! S-M-R-T! I mean S-M-....never mind

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

So if my calculations are correct and the TROS OST drops on the NZ Apple Music store at 10pm AEST, that leaves us less than a hour

Just want to point out that your calculations were off by two hours. :P