The Rise of Skywalker - COMPLETE SCORE Discussion - SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Jay

Just now, Tydirium said:

Sounds like JW was admiring his SOLO collaborator's recent work, when he wrote the Knights of Ren motif...

First thing that popped up in my mind when I heard that. :lol: Probably a coincidence. 

6 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Ugh, tell me about it. It's on the bottom of my Williams list, right along crap like Jurassic Park with that generic and anonymous fanfare that doesn't represent a single character in the whole thing.

I'm not a huge fan of the Jurassic Park score other than the two main themes. 

I'm just saying I wouldn't recognize the new TROS themes if I heard them. 

They're the least memorable of the SW themes. 

8 hours ago, Holko said:

What does their attachment to a character or place or anything have to do with their recogniseability and distinguishability? They're still in there enough.

Because when Rey's theme or Kylo's theme plays wherever that character is on screen then it's easier to associate it with them.  The new themes are so random and they don't stand out from the rest of the score. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

GOOD NEWS! I happened to be browsing the Apple TV app on my Mac, and I pre-ordered Star Wars, Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker. You can preview the digital menu, and the music cue that plays is Rey's Training! It is not the entire cue, but it is a good 46 seconds of the cue from the rendition of Rey's Theme to the statement of The Imperial March. This may be what will be on the Blu-Ray menu as well.

Also, the featurette on the Maestro is 11 minutes and four seconds long!

Any chance you could record this with Audacity? 

Is there an Apple TV app for Windows? Can anyone give it a try on PC? 

Edit: I think this is just iTunes for PC users. Hopefully someone can check. I'm paranoid this might only be up temporarily and we could lose it like we almost lost the FYC. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

First, I don't know how. Second, Audacity is not yet compatible with macOS Catalina. So, no, I can't record it.

Surely Mac OS has some type of software which can record audio output, other than Audacity? 

I'd do it myself, but I'm not going to buy the digital version of the film just for ~40 seconds of music. I'm sure it'll still be there when the film is released. There's no sense in making multiple versions of the menu.

45 minutes ago, CGCJ said:

You sure that's not 1M20 Rey Training, as it has the noted Vader and Rey's themes.

Yes, I think you're right. Based on the spreadsheet timings, this is 1M05 Rey Trains:

Given the slate number illogically precedes 1M20 Rey Training, it's probably the ending of an early version of that cue (when the sequence was early in reel one).

Ohhhh ! This is the track I miss the most on the OST !!!

An isolated score will be released withe the movie on digital like The Last Jedi ?

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

You're all welcome. :)

Thanks a lot, this was my holy grail cue from the score.

Is there any chance that you could enable the download button, so we can get the cue in a better quality than 128 kB/s?

18 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

GOOD NEWS! I happened to be browsing the Apple TV app on my Mac, and I pre-ordered Star Wars, Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker. You can preview the digital menu, and the music cue that plays is Rey's Training! It is not the entire cue, but it is a good 46 seconds of the cue from the rendition of Rey's Theme to the statement of The Imperial March. This may be what will be on the Blu-Ray menu as well.

Also, the featurette on the Maestro is 11 minutes and four seconds long!

You missed the post with the giant heart icon a few posts above the post of the clip that explained where the clip came from?

Just now, Jay said:

You missed the most with the giant heart icon a few posts above the post of the clip that explained where the clip came from?

Yes, yes I did. And thanks to Bofur, I was then pointed to it. Thank you.

I think I've listened to it over 10 times today as well.  Amazing.

Here's hoping the blu ray has more clean music on more menus!

7 and 8 have a single menu screen with popup scrolling things on the bottom for a discs, for 8 both discs even share the background and music, so I wouldn't hold my breath. The 7.1 channels, probably bleeding all over, are our best bet. Maybe the big docu which seems like it won't even be focused on TROS only.

I can’t help but think that if I was a film composer and had gone to all the bother of writing a film cue, I’d just release it. What a waste it is to just have them in some Disney vault for the next 10 years until an expanded edition is released.

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I'm hoping the documentary will be in 5.1, and will contain unreleased material, like TFA. But unfortunately I doubt it. The last 4(?) docs have been in stereo and haven't contained any new music.

The last 4 docs weren't Bad Robot were they?

Was TFA's produced by Bad Robot? Then maybe that's why. That would be good news considering I imagine they'd be doing the TROS doc as well. Perhaps that's why the other films didn't have that, since Bad Robot wasn't involved with any of those films.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I can’t help but think that if I was a film composer and had gone to all the bother of writing a film cue, I’d just release it. What a waste it is to just have them in some Disney vault for the next 10 years until an expanded edition is released.

Good luck getting past the legal department. Composers never own their own music in Hollywood; if anyone under Disney's banner just went ahead and released their own music without permission they could potentially face a lawsuit.

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Was TFA's produced by Bad Robot? Then maybe that's why. That would be good news considering I imagine they'd be doing the TROS doc as well. Perhaps that's why the other films didn't have that, since Bad Robot wasn't involved with any of those films.

It would make sense that JJ negotiated that for his company when he signed to do the film. Just means extra more money from Disney for his staff (plus they retain control of the narrative). 

wow, didn't read the thread and we get this.wow

Now we need Lando Arrives!

Is this the absolute best quality we can rip this off the menu ? I can see it's lossy  even if you download the flac file

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

Is this the absolute best quality we can rip this off the menu ? I can see it's lossy  even if you download the flac file

Presumably it will be better on the Bluray itself, if it has the same menu music.

Well, yeah .But it doesn't seem so bad . Looking at the spectral wave form it cuts higher than the FYC 192 kbps MP3's , so it should be a bit higher than 192k

Also to incorporate it into the OST/ FYC edits the master volume needs to be boosted 100% 

Lando Arrives would also be a perfect "Blu Ray Menu" cue