The Rise of Skywalker OST Album Discussion

Jay

Fanfare and Prologue opens with the traditional main title (sounds newly recorded to me), then some unreleased music, then what we heard in the FYC "Prologue" track, and THEN a bunch of AWESOME new music, including SWEET renditions of Emperor's Theme!!!

Journey to Exegol is an interesting track, with a bunch of cool percussion, and then some Kylo Ren's theme that is used in the FYC track Prologue, I believe.  Ends with a WICKED rendition of the Imperial March!  Then the Rising and Falling motif from FYC Prologue is heard

Nothing from Falcon Flight is in this track.

The Old Death Star is basically FYC The Old Death Star, which it's cool Imperial March and stuff, and FYC Off The Waterfront.  Interesting little track

7 minutes ago, dylanskie said:

I just listened to the first few seconds of the Main Title and it sounds noticeably different, but also better!

Yes, seems a new recording !

5 minutes ago, Amer said:

I suppose The Finale  is special re arrangement for the album and the film End Titles will be shorter? 

There’s an unconfirmed report the film end credits are about 10 minutes long (beginning at minute 132 of 142), so maybe not…

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Jeez, you guys bouncing around disappoint me.  I can't imagine not taking his presentation in full, in order the first time.

I listen in the order, one by one, I'm on "The Speeder Chase" Jaws 2 style track.

I already want to say it's my favorite Postlogie score ^^

Destiny of a Jedi definitely does not sound like a concert arrangement, it's film cues.  Some nice dark broody stuff here.  Oh!  Leia's Theme!  Luke's Theme!  The Trio Theme!  Yoda's Theme!  Holy cow this track is nuts with themes!  Ah yes, this rendition of Yoda's Theme is now basically taken directly from the "Yoda and the Force" track from TESB.

Wow, another knockout

Anthem of Evil - HOLY COW, that opening!  It opens with a spooky whispered version of The Emperor's Theme.  Wow!  As this track goes on, it keeps the quiet and subdued air to it...... this is really really cool.  Now there's a new theme playing, I think the theme from FYC Prologue and FYC Join Me?  The intensity is really picking up now, and now a nice grand finale.

That was a cool arrangement, but The Rise of Skywalker is the clear standout concert arrangement of this score

Fleeing from Kijimi, basically an extended version of the FYC track.  There's a cool passage starting where the FYC track ends that was pretty fun, then more Kylo Ren's theme.  Oooh, then a nice, but brief rendition of Luke's theme!

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anthem of Evil - HOLY COW, that opening!  It opens with a spooky whispered version of The Emperor's Theme.  Wow!  As this track goes on, it keeps the quiet and subdued air to it...... this is really really cool.  Now there's a new theme playing, I think the theme from FYC Prologue and FYC Join Me?  The intensity is really picking up now, and now a nice grand finale.

That was a cool arrangement, but The Rise of Skywalker is the clear standout concert arrangement of this score

The whole thing is the new theme, even from the beginning; where are you hearing the classic Emperor's theme?

Just now, Romão said:

Anthem of Evil is a concert arrangement, no?

Yes, it is a concert arrangement

Just now, Tydirium said:

The whole thing is the new theme, even from the beginning; where are you hearing the classic Emperor's theme?

The beginning of the track reminded me of the Emperor's Theme *shrug*