John Williams cameo in The Rise of Skywalker

Fabulin

23 minutes ago, Biodome said:

Sad thing is, Kimiji was blown up. There were people who got off the planet just in time, though. Would they have taken the bartender with them?

Ok, this is a spoiler. 😡

(JW being in the movie is not.)

1 hour ago, Biodome said:

Sad thing is, Kimiji was blown up. There were people who got off the planet just in time, though. Would they have taken the bartender with them?

They did, but they forgot the drinks!

Someone shared the cameo video on r/StarWarsLeaks, and thus it got more than a thousand views, one of which was probably someone from Disney, as they are following that subreddit. It's been taken down now.

That's for JJ Abrams to decide....

4 hours ago, Romão said:

I hope they make an action figure

I was going to say that too. If they make one I will buy it. I hope it's a black series one. I don't want a 5 points of articulation , I want it to be fully poseable!

Everyone has their own different definition of a spoiler.

Some people want to be surprised to see that Lando is in the film, or John Williams.  Some people don't mind knowing that ahead of time.

Everyone's different.  Not everyone wants the same experience you might.

30 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm surprised @First TROS March Accolyte hasn't changed his original post back to what it used to say, before he changed it to be about Lin Manuel Miranda

I don't understand what do you want me to do anymore. After Holko's comment and some second thoughts I did best damage control I could and it seemed to work more or less (@Jurassic Shark) . You could have also deleted the thread if you consider it to be against the common good. 

Fun fact: I also made a Wookiepedia page for this character, and it was taken down after 3 minutes on the grounds of being a spoiler. Even a nerd lore database considered it to be extremist content.

I think going in not only spoiler free, but without having read anything or follow any discussion about it is the best way to go into these films now.

Star Wars....is such a loaded topic for some reason. 

I saw two trailers, because they showed them before movies i was seeing in the cinema, that's it. I managed to not hear a single note of the score before i saw the film yesterday, and was able to form my own, undiluted opinion on both.

Bliss!

Yea, very smart.  I avoid everything for movies I am really excited to see as well.

Star Wars just isn't that kind of movie for me, not any more.

Oh, if I cared about this movie enough I wanted to go in spoiler free, I would have had to of found someone else willing to moderate in my place for this week

40 minutes ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

After Holko's comment and some second thoughts I did best damage control I could and it seemed to work more or less (@Jurassic Shark) .

Agreed, I was just pulling your leg. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. :)

The best solution would have been that the moderator both removed JW's name from the thread title and inserted the word "spoiler", instead of creating a fuzz and temporarily closing the thread.

12 hours ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

Fun fact: I also made a Wookiepedia page for this character, and it was taken down after 3 minutes on the grounds of being a spoiler. Even a nerd lore database considered it to be extremist content.

Wookiepedia allows spoilers. The article just has to be marked with a spoiler tag, at least for the month after the U.S. premiere of the film. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:59 PM, Thor said:

I've alerted IMDB with a request to delete the entry.

Men you must be blind! I have watched the movie yesterday and I didn't knew he would be in it. He appeared for about 1 second, but I immediately got him! To be sure I didn't dream, I have waited the end credits, he is credited for the music of course, but later, with the actors as character Oma Tres (anagram of Maestro). He is definitely in Rise of Skywalker!!!

Capture d’écran 2019-12-20 à 10.15.34.png

14 minutes ago, dvincent said:

Men you must be blind! I have watched the movie yesterday and I didn't knew he would be in it. He appeared for about 1 second, but I immediately got him! To be sure I didn't dream, I have waited the end credits, he is credited for the music of course, but later, with the actors as character Oma Tres (anagram of Maestro). He is definitely in Rise of Skywalker!!!

Yes, we all know. But this was about an alleged appearance in the TV show THE BOYS, not THE RISE OF SKYWALKER.