What's your favorite music from the Rise of Skywalker FYC that Williams decided not to put on the commercial album?

Jay

What's your favorite music from the Rise of Skywalker FYC that Williams decided not to put on the commercial album?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite of these ENTIRE TRACKS that are not on the score album?

• 02 Falcon Flight (2:22) - Action track with Emperor's Theme, March of the Resistance, Rebel Fanfare, Trio Theme, and more
    • 04 In the Desert (2:26) - Moody track with March of the Resistance
    • 05 A Prisoner (1:23) - Underscore with some Trio Theme
    • 06 To Kimiji (1:37) - Contemplative, then upbeat track with long renditions of the Trio theme, and Rey's Theme
    • 08 Hallway Shooting (2:11) - Underscore/Action track with March of the Resistance
    • 09 Hard to Get Rid Of (2:19) - More underscore & action, with The Emperor's Theme showing up sounding cool and moody
    • 15 Advice (1:54) - Moody underscore
    • 18 Parents (1:57) - An amazing wordless choir passage leads into some new Kylo Ren theme variations
    • 19 Coming Together (1:44) - The Emperor's Theme, Kylo Ren's Theme, The Force Theme!
  2. 2. Which is your favorite of these SECTIONS of cues that were edited out of the score album?

• 01 Prologue, from 0:56-1:28 (proper introduction of the Anthem of Evil theme)
    • 02 Fleeing from Kijimi, from 1:35-end (nice quiet ending with hints of trouble to come)
    • 11 The Old Death Star, from 1:14-end (an entire minute including Rey's Theme and March of the Resistance)
    • 13 Final Saber Duel, from 1:10-end (nice quiet ending)
    • 14 Healing Wounds, from 0:00-0:31 (an interesting opening with nice string work)
    • 21 Rescue , from 0:15-0:30 (a very fun passage)

My favorites are easily FALCON FLIGHT, and the cool Anthem of Evil passage in Prologue

Second place would be Parents for dat choir, or To Kimiji for its nice Trio Theme passages, and the missing minute of The Old Death Star

Parents followed by Falcon Flight. Parents is unique, especially with how it handles Kylo Ren's theme, and is one of many emotional highlights in the score. I'm amazed it isn't on the OST. Falcon Flight has an awesome rendition of the Emperor's Theme. 

Oddly the only omission from an OST track I really noticed was the end of Final Saber Duel.

But to add to a catalog of bizarre album choices, how could JW decide Falcon Flight wasn't worth including? It's one of the first cues on the FYC that made me think that this score was worth paying attention to, and I like it way more than The Speeder Chase.

I bought the OST earlier, but it's such a frustrating thing getting an album where you know so much has been edited out. 

I actually went with Parents, as far as what I missed the most. Falcon Flight is great (and I actually like it more than Speeder Chase) but there was something about Parents, and the reworking of Kylo's theme, that struck me on my first listen of the FYC. It was definitely THE track I couldn't believe was omitted from the OST.

The Emperor's Theme in Falcon's Flight sounds too anemic for my tastes. It's an okay action track otherwise. 

I actually like some of the moody things he tries in "In the Desert" with the Resistance theme more.