Favourite ST Action Track

Arpy

Favourite Sequel Trilogy Action Track  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite Sequel Trilogy 'action track'?

• Follow Me and The Falcon (The Force Awakens)
    • The Fathiers (The Last Jedi)
    • The Speeder Chase (The Rise of Skywalker)

What's your favourite Sequel Trilogy action setpiece? There were more for each score, I Can Fly Anything, The Battle of Crait, Battle of the Resistance etc. However these are three I've chosen for this poll - one from each film.

The Speeder Chase is my new favourite of the trilogy, it's energetic and vibrant, has a punch to it that makes it at once fresh and yet harkens back to the Williams of yore, not to mention the main motif which evokes memories of RotJ's escape from Jabba's barge.

Of the ones in the poll, Follow Me and The Falcon. It's light, fun, fast, and based in a good motif. But my actual favorite is I Can Fly Anything. It's a badass action piece with great highlights. A very punchy piece.

I am not a big fan of speeder chase. The motif reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull music in terms of trying to capture something energetic but not quite doing it. It sounds like it is deliberately trying to recall an older JW approach to action music.

4 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I Can Fly Anything was awesome to hear when the OST came out and then on the FYC (for which I prefer, it's such a strong piece. 

I agree the FYC version is best. Musically, it is a real "now this is Star Wars!" action piece even though it also sounds fresh and new.

I'm a big fan of The Battle of Crait. I love the swashbuckling performance of Rey's Theme on 3:04 and then on 3:34 how one of the motifs from Escape (the Resistance in danger?) is followed by ANH's Here They Come:

I also like the complete version of A New Alliance, which reminds me a little of The Lost World, and the badass Chrome Dome.

@Edmilson Ah yes! A New Alliance is another, and once again better on the FYC! 

I've noticed the ST has Williams give us some great drums in the percussion - Chrome Dome - and Journey to Exogol and Fleeing Kijimi in this score. RotS had the Taiko Drums IIRC.

Probably the Speeder Chase, but I really like I can Fly Anything.  I am also very fond of Battle of the Resistance at the moment.  The latter would make an excellent concert piece a la The Forest Battle, but I doubt that will happen.  

Fathiers. 

But these are all great, brilliant stuff. 

10 hours ago, Bellosh said:

It's my favorite action cue of his since 'No Man's Land' from War Horse.

No Mans Land is too zimmerish. 

These three are great examples of John's action cues, he is the real master of those. 

The Speeder Chase has some Jaws One Barrel Chase wibe in trumpets, the other ones are more complex and more for my liking.