December Disney Poll

Jay

December Disney Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these December Disney films are you most looking forward to seeing?

• West Side Story by Steven Spielberg, December 18 2020
    • Avatar 2 by James Cameron, December 17 2021
    • Untitled Star Wars movie by unknown director, December 16 2022
  2. 2. Which of these December Disney scores are you most looking forward to hearing?

• West Side Story by David Newman, integrating the original score by Leonard Bernstein
    • The new Star Wars score

Fairly easy. AVATAR 2 for movie (while at the same time dreading the score), and WEST SIDE STORY for score (since that was the only option left; I'm not terribly excited about this project in the first place). Some vague STAR WARS movie years in the future isn't something I'm able to be excited (or not excited) about.

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

How do we know the 2022 entry if Fiege's, and not Rian Johnson's, or some other one?

I remember reading somewhere that the 2022 movie will not be part of Johnson's alleged trilogy. So, with the GOT dudes out, is either Feige or nothing.

SW

SW

For film, the Spielberg is tempting, but I don't have any predilection towards West Side Story in its previous incarnations.

Musically, I do really like West Side Story but don't expect anything different from previous cast recordings.

While the first Avatar was fine, I have no interest in more, and didn't care at all for Horner's original score.

27 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Musically, I do really like West Side Story but don't expect anything different from previous cast recordings.

Don't forget the new rap songs, by Lin-Manuel Miranda. Apparently, he's also got a cameo.