Petition to get an isolated score on the future streaming release of ROS

King Mark

Would it help if we actively asked Disney to do it like TLJ?

Maybe they won't think of it unless someone specifically asks and this time we don't have Ryan Johnson to do it for us

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

I asked Mike Matessino about the chances of this and he said "petitioning for isolated scores would be a very good way of sabotaging potential official expansions. It would send the message the The Phantom Menace: Ultimate Edition was what the fans wanted after all, and music recorded but not used could never see the light of day. Bad idea."

That's that, then. No more talk of petitions @King Mark @Biodome or anyone else. [insert dancing lock gif here]

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I asked Mike Matessino about the chances of this and he said that "petitioning for isolated scores would be a very good way of sabotaging potential official expansions. It would send the message the The Phantom Menace: Ultimate Edition was what the fans wanted after all, and music recorded but not used could never see the light of day. Bad idea."

Then we should do a petition for proper expanded, complete releases that include unused music! Why didn't we think about that?

1 hour ago, Bayesian said:

That's that, then. No more talk of petitions @King Mark @Biodome or anyone else. [insert dancing lock gif here]

I think they should be banned for even suggesting this was a good idea!

31 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Then we should do a petition for proper expanded, complete releases that include unused music! Why didn't we think about that?

because we ve been waiting 20 years for the Prequels .i'd rather have an iso score than nothing at all

I think the only real possibility is if someone near to Williams (I don’t know how close Matessino is), convince him that Star Wars is his Magnum Opus and what he might be mostly remembered more and so it must be properly presented and preserved. If the initiative comes from Williams’ camp it might happen. I don’t see Disney doing it since there’s very little money to be made. And since it’s Disney we can rule out the labels that do these things partly as a labor of love.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

There would be no harm in petitioning Disney Records for complete score releases of the 9 Star Wars films.  I say get the ball rolling now before nobody presses CDs any more

THIS MUST HAPPEN!

2 hours ago, Diego said:

I think the only real possibility is if someone near to Williams (I don’t know how close Matessino is), convince him that Star Wars is his Magnum Opus and what he might be mostly remembered more and so it must be properly presented and preserved. If the initiative comes from Williams’ camp it might happen.

Either way is certainly possible. I hope it happens in the very near future.

that never worked before, but there was an iso score for TLJ

I was afraid there was too much tracked music but after seeing the film it doesn't seem so

who wrote that?

i don't agree with how it's worded. I want a complete score release but I don't want to ACTIVELY hurt the chance of an iso score either because that might be all we can get

I'm fine with a petition asking for complete recordings but please remove the "we don't want this ,we don't want that" part.  It' makes us look as a demanding bunch of nerds who won't be happy with anything and might I remind you  when we sent out  a similarly worded petition after the TPM UE we got exactly nothing

Also, giving your full name and email on some random site...isn't there a security issue?

7 hours ago, King Mark said:

Also, giving your full name and email on some random site...isn't there a security issue?

Change.org is a reputable enough petition site. And the Internet already knows everything about you anyway.

that's a better text, but I'd write "preferably in the c.d. format" to leave it more open ended. I'd rather have an Avengers style release than c.d. if it's the only way to convince them.

also add that at the end of paragraph to ..."and why can't the Star Wars saga, composed by the most acclaimed film composer of all times , John Williams, get the same treatment." 

And it' s good to point out Avengers and Black Panther got this.

8 hours ago, First TROS March Accolyte said:

I rewrote it a bit.

In my opinion, this is better. It reads more easily and sounds more like a request than a demand for only one thing and nothing else. I think saying that we don't want this and we don't want that could hurt the chances of anything being released. Your third paragraph accomplishes saying what we want much better, which is that we wish for the scores as JW originally intended "for archival purposes." Maybe @Drew would consider editing the petition a little? :)

Since I'm a grammar stickler, I have to point out two things. In the first line, you forgot the "t" in "not" (unless you're Scottish!). And in the fourth paragraph, "it's" should be "its" in the phrase "testimony to it’s form and quality."

Other than those two things, both of you laid out a pretty good petition that will hopefully go somewhere.

Signed the petition. It certainly can't hurt our chances.

I remain cautiously optimistic that a complete set will be on it's way to us.

8 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It would increase the chance of a complete score release later on?

I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever that there's an iso score or not EVEN if MM says so

Prequels= no iso score and still no expanded editions after 20 years

Several LLL expansions have isolated scores (E.T. 1941...)

A lot of scores with known leaked sessions have had expanded editions (Potter,MR...)