Bayesian

Any personal goals for 2020?

A bright new year and decade have dawned. So many folks look at a new year and think it's the perfect time to turn over a new leaf (even though of course there's nothing fundamentally different about this day than any other day of the year). I'm no exception -- for the coming year, I have several goals I hope to work on, including learning to dance (tap, charleston, and/or salsa), reading more books, saving up money to travel later this year, cooking more at home, and seeing JW in concert somewhere that's not Vienna since I can't make that one.

Any goals for 2020 that you're willing to share? 

15 minutes ago, mstrox said:

My goal is to keep active until the weather is better for running, and for my stress fracture to have hopefully healed itself by that point.

You'll be like me and overdose on ibuprofen and alcohol poisoning.

It only hurts - point tenderness - when I run, so my solution has been to just not run since August (with the exception of one race I had already committed to in October).  I haven't had to take any meds for it, and I don't drink!  So it's just a waiting game.

41 minutes ago, mstrox said:

It only hurts - point tenderness - when I run, so my solution has been to just not run since August (with the exception of one race I had already committed to in October).  I haven't had to take any meds for it, and I don't drink!  So it's just a waiting game.

I recommend to at least drink water regularly.

My goal is to become more productive and use less time on this forum.

Apparently, Joe is going to stop watching superhero movies. Let's all give gim a big cheer in support!

7 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

...or use it as a support network.

If he's lucky, one of the users here is a psychologist. Although I suspect most are thiefs and scoundrels.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bayesian said:

I have several goals I hope to work on, including learning to dance (tap, charleston, and/or salsa)

Then I'd like to recommend lindy hop! Great fun, great music, and it includes elements of Charleston.

Get into shape, make a couple of short films, finish a feature length script, finish my degree, work on my insecurities and anxieties.  Meeting the right girl would be a nice bonus too.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:11 PM, Bayesian said:

A bright new year and decade have dawned. So many folks look at a new year and think it's the perfect time to turn over a new leaf (even though of course there's nothing fundamentally different about this day than any other day of the year). I'm no exception -- for the coming year, I have several goals I hope to work on, including learning to dance (tap, charleston, and/or salsa), reading more books, saving up money to travel after going here  later this year, cooking more at home, and seeing JW in concert somewhere that's not Vienna since I can't make that one.

Any goals for 2020 that you're willing to share? 

There are a lot of goals every year. But do all of them become reality? I want to travel anywhere in Russia or Asia and I am looking for the company to work with. Will happily check this one and sharemy thoughts.

On 1/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, Þekþiþm said:

You'll be like me and overdose on ibuprofen and alcohol poisoning.

Don't overuse Ibuprofen. I did that and collected kidney damage as a result. 

2 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Don't overuse Ibuprofen. I did that and collected kidney damage as a result. 

Well they won't give me the opioids or pot, so it's their fault for pushing harmful drugs that cause almost instant organ damage.