Jump to content
Bayesian

Any personal goals for 2020?

Recommended Posts

A bright new year and decade have dawned. So many folks look at a new year and think it's the perfect time to turn over a new leaf (even though of course there's nothing fundamentally different about this day than any other day of the year). I'm no exception -- for the coming year, I have several goals I hope to work on, including learning to dance (tap, charleston, and/or salsa), reading more books, saving up money to travel later this year, cooking more at home, and seeing JW in concert somewhere that's not Vienna since I can't make that one.

 

Any goals for 2020 that you're willing to share? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mstrox said:

My goal is to keep active until the weather is better for running, and for my stress fracture to have hopefully healed itself by that point.

 

You'll be like me and overdose on ibuprofen and alcohol poisoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It only hurts - point tenderness - when I run, so my solution has been to just not run since August (with the exception of one race I had already committed to in October).  I haven't had to take any meds for it, and I don't drink!  So it's just a waiting game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mstrox said:

It only hurts - point tenderness - when I run, so my solution has been to just not run since August (with the exception of one race I had already committed to in October).  I haven't had to take any meds for it, and I don't drink!  So it's just a waiting game.

 

I recommend to at least drink water regularly.

 

My goal is to become more productive and use less time on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, Joe is going to stop watching superhero movies. Let's all give gim a big cheer in support!

 

7 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

...or use it as a support network.

 

If he's lucky, one of the users here is a psychologist. Although I suspect most are thiefs and scoundrels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bayesian said:

I have several goals I hope to work on, including learning to dance (tap, charleston, and/or salsa)

 

Then I'd like to recommend lindy hop! Great fun, great music, and it includes elements of Charleston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get into shape, make a couple of short films, finish a feature length script, finish my degree, work on my insecurities and anxieties.  Meeting the right girl would be a nice bonus too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 10:11 PM, Bayesian said:

A bright new year and decade have dawned. So many folks look at a new year and think it's the perfect time to turn over a new leaf (even though of course there's nothing fundamentally different about this day than any other day of the year). I'm no exception -- for the coming year, I have several goals I hope to work on, including learning to dance (tap, charleston, and/or salsa), reading more books, saving up money to travel after going here  later this year, cooking more at home, and seeing JW in concert somewhere that's not Vienna since I can't make that one.

 

Any goals for 2020 that you're willing to share? 

There are a lot of goals every year. But do all of them become reality? I want to travel anywhere in Russia or Asia and I am looking for the company to work with. Will happily check this one and sharemy thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, Þekþiþm said:

 

You'll be like me and overdose on ibuprofen and alcohol poisoning.

 

Don't overuse Ibuprofen. I did that and collected kidney damage as a result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gkgyver said:

 

Don't overuse Ibuprofen. I did that and collected kidney damage as a result. 

 

Well they won't give me the opioids or pot, so it's their fault for pushing harmful drugs that cause almost instant organ damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...