Ghostbusters Afterlife: Who Gets Hired as Composer?

Mr. Gitz

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, Edmilson said:

Considering either Jason Reitman or the studio wouldn't want him to use the composers of his indie movies (Rolfe Kent, Rob Simonsen, etc), I would place my bets on:

Oh fuck. :( 

On 1/4/2020 at 2:16 PM, ddddeeee said:

Reitman's previous two movies were scored by Rob Simonsen. I'd like to see him on it.

Congrats!

I liked his score for Age of Adaline. Other than that, I don't think I've heard that much stuff from him.

If I remember correctly, he was quite busy on the indie scene a few years ago, similar to Nicholas Brittell these days, but after 2015, 16, he almost disappeared, or, at least, stopped scoring movies that received much attention.

Rob Simonsen is cool. I enjoy his stuff.

Certainly not the composer I would consider for Ghostbusters. As far as I'm aware, I don't think he's done anything really big, so...I'm curious to see what he does. Should be a big step outside his normal territory.

6 hours ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

Should’ve been Giacchino so you guys could have more to bitch about!

If you want to see people here bitching about Giacchino, come back next year. He'll be everywhere on 2021: The Batman, Jurassic World 3, Spider-Man... And maybe Matrix 4 (I don't hate the guy, but PLEASE, NO!).

8 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Yeah, at least that putz wasn't handed another beloved franchise to shit out another mediocre score for.

:sarcasm:

16 hours ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

...I like his Jurassic music quite a lot, despite having usually no interest in his work otherwise...

Me too. I like very little of his music otherwise (a bit of Lost and MoH) but his two Jurassic scores - hell yeah!

On 3/9/2020 at 3:43 AM, Kasey Kockroach said:

I listen to Fallen Kingdom’s end credits suites more often than you guys would probably want to know.

I like his Jurassic scores and Apes scores, and some of his Star Trek. Definitely love his Medal of Honor music.

Not all that keen on his Spider-Man stuff.

1 hour ago, Þekþiþm said:

I like his Jurassic scores and Apes scores, and some of his Star Trek. Definitely love his Medal of Honor music.

Not all that keen on his Spider-Man stuff.

ShallowEnragedGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

• 1 year later...