POLL: The best piece of music John Williams wrote on the 2010s

Edmilson

What is the best Williams piece for a film of the 2010s?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Williams piece for a film of the 2010s?

• The Adventures of Tintin
    • Snowy's Theme
    • No Man's Land
    • Remembering Emilie, and Finale
    • The Homecoming
    • The People's House
    • "With Malice Toward None"
    • The Peterson House, and Finale
    • Rey's Theme
    • March of the Resistance
    • The Jedi Steps and Finale
    • Sophie and the BFG
    • The Presses Roll
    • The Court’s Decision and End Credits
    • The Rebellion is Reborn
    • The Spark
    • The Last Jedi
    • The Adventures of Han
    • The Rise of Skywalker
    • Anthem of Evil
    • Finale (from TROS)
    • Other (say in the comments)
    • Theme from Galaxy's Edge

Yeah, I prefer multiple choice polls, giving a greater freedom for someone to choose their options.

And I think everyone on this forum is adult enough to not just vote for every single one of them... lol

But if you guys prefer, I can change it to single choice.

I think single choice might be more definitive.

My choice for the track of the decade from Williams is -

Williams best theme from the decade is - With Malice Towards None with my preferred arrangement being for solo violin at the beginning of - 

Though I like the solo piano and solo trumpet versions too.

Really? How could I forget that? I did a first version of the poll with Rey's Theme and two other tracks from TFA, but then I had to re-do it, and ended up forgetting them...

Sorry, folks, the three pieces from that movie were added again to the poll :) .

41 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I think single choice might be more definitive.

My choice for the track of the decade from Williams is -

This. But in truth, it's a close finish with a lot of contenders.

@Bellosh @Will if you guys prefer, I can replace one track (like The Court's Decision, which haven't received a single vote so far) for Plowing.

@Sandor yeah, I can replace The Adventure Continues with Finale from TROS, a track that has been widely criticized on this forum (and also haven't received votes so far).

Of the selections in the list, "The Presses Roll". But "Dartmoor, 1912" is up there alongside it - curiously absent from the list. Otherwise, I'm absolutely terrible at listing tracks. I'm all about the album.

I can't decide between Homecoming from War Horse, The Peterson House and Finale from Lincoln, and Rey's Theme from TFA. 

Plus, we don't have an official, studio quality release of Dear Basketball and I want to understand that piece better. It could be a masterpiece but I'm not sure from just watching the short film.

I had to vote for Jedi Steps and Finale (also because it includes Rey's, Kylo and Resistance) although wanted to say another piece just because in all this polls I'm voting to TFA... 

25 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

I voted for The Adventures of Tintin, not necessarily because it's the best, but because it sounds so fresh and original comparing to all the others.

Well, the poll asked for the best. ;)

I voted for Jedi Steps and Finale, and debated Peterson House.  I have to unofficially change my vote to the BFG concert suite (not the end credits, which is also excellent).  I think there is real magic to this piece  

Rey's Theme was a no brainer for me.

But "The Adventure continous / The due"l from TINTIN  HAS to on that list.It is the "official" concert piece of that movie, a n absolutely brilliant piece of music (favoring strings) and my second favorite track of this decade.
The various End credits are great but almost a cheat. There's just all the scores. 

As much as I love "Remembering Emilie and Finale" and pretty much every track from Lincoln, my favorite has to be The Spark.

The defeated beginning, then the melancholic performances of Luke and Leia and Han Solo and the Princess, finishing with a wonderful passage for strings, everything coming to an ending on which the enourmous brass section acts as a herald of the final confrontation between Luke and Ben Solo, one that will decide the fate of the war... Just epic.

He's slagging off Dream Country

"The Homecoming" is the one I just keep on coming back to. But I wanna shout out "Snowy's Theme" and "No Man's Land" which have received no votes and would probably be in my top 10. The former is really delightful and quite unlike anything I can think of from him, and my hot take on the latter is it's his best action cue of the decade.